Westone 4R: Westone 4 + Removable cable
Oct 24, 2011 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 150

crumpler

500+ Head-Fier
Have really been looking forward to the announcement of the W4R which is basically the Westone 4 with a detachable cable as seen on the FujiyaAVIC Facebook post here: W4R

Westone website announcement to follow within the day. Complete description on the Westone 4R site here.

I'm not persuaded by this at all since if i were to get the W4R, i would definitely want to get a 3rd party cable but since my portable rig consists of the iPhone4 with a Mophie Juice Pack case that can't accomodate 3rd party 3.5mm jacks, i don't see a point in taking the plunge. Can't say i'm a big fan of the "cable makes a real noticeable difference" camp as well.

Any thoughts?

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 150
The W4R will apparently have a slightly different sound signature to the W4.

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 150

Quote:
The W4R will apparently have a slightly different sound signature to the W4.

Just had a quick look at the sensitivity and impedance between the W4R and W4s, they seem to be identical tho: 

Impedance: 31ohms
Sensitivity: 118dB @ 1mW

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 150
The description on the FujiyaAVIC album says something about the Westone 4 having some slight errors in sound. Im guessing the RC version will fix that. I don't know japanese but I got a friend to translate for me :p

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 150

Quote:
The description on the FujiyaAVIC album says something about the Westone 4 having some slight errors in sound. Im guessing the RC version will fix that. I don't know japanese but I got a friend to translate for me :p

I wonder what they're referring to as slight errors.. Would definitely like more impressions soon especially to how different the sound is compared to the W4.

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 150
I'm waiting for Westone's announcement in english on their website. Should be up in a few hours.

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #7 of 150

Quote:
I wonder what they're referring to as slight errors.. Would definitely like more impressions soon especially to how different the sound is compared to the W4.

I will have the W4 with me when i head to Tokyo this weekend for the Tokyo Headphone Festival so if FujiyaAVIC does have it on display there, will try to get some comparison reviews + photos in then.

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #8 of 150
I'll be waiting for the W6R.. The line is coming up unbelievably fast.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 150

Quote:
I will have the W4 with me when i head to Tokyo this weekend for the Tokyo Headphone Festival so if FujiyaAVIC does have it on display there, will try to get some comparison reviews + photos in then.

Looking forward to your impressions and pics ofcourse 
gs1000.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 150

Quote:

Will look forward to that!
Really want the W4s right now, don't know much about the W4R though..

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #11 of 150

Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions and pics ofcourse 
gs1000.gif

Quote:
Will look forward to that!
Really want the W4s right now, don't know much about the W4R though..

I'll do my best to pen down some impressions while there. 
biggrin.gif

Btw, i've been constantly refreshing the Westone page in order to add the W4R description in English once it does appear. This talk about it the W4R being slightly different is getting to me, since the impedance and the sensitivity are identical to the W4 so i'm not sure why the difference (if any) didn't show up in the specs.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #15 of 150
What price point would you buy these for? I'm really hoping that these retail around the current W4 price and that they drop the W4 $50. That would still leave some wiggle room with $50 between the W3 and W4. That would be a really impressive line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back