Westone 4R: Westone 4 + Removable cable
Nov 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #76 of 150

Are you going to be one of those! I'm so closer to ordering...just in case I don't love my GR10.

Quote:
FWIW, earphonesolutions are having a 25% pre/post black friday sale and the W4R are going for just USD$375 and the W4 going for USD$337.

Those who have been itching for an audition of these owe it to yourselves to check it out, just use the code: black.

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #78 of 150

Quote:
FWIW, earphonesolutions are having a 25% pre/post black friday sale and the W4R are going for just USD$375 and the W4 going for USD$337.

Those who have been itching for an audition of these owe it to yourselves to check it out, just use the code: black.

Thanks for the info. JUST ORDERED 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #80 of 150
Nov 27, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #82 of 150

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up.  Just ordered WR4 RC -- I got my UM3X before the RC option was available, so this will be a really nice addition.  

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #83 of 150

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up.  Just ordered WR4 RC -- I got my UM3X before the RC option was available, so this will be a really nice addition.  

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #84 of 150
stupid question but has anyone compared the W4Rs with the Shure 535? Just want to hear everyones opinion. I own a pair of 535 and am planning on picking up a set of W4Rs as well during the last day of earphonesolutions black friday sale

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #85 of 150
I have to say I'm pretty pleased with earphone solutions: placed an order for the W4R late Monday afternoon, and I received before 10am today (Wed). 

Even with international shipping, the 25% off code brought the cost to about £255 -a bargain in my opinion. I'll update this amount if I get any letters asking for import tax.

Can't comment on the sound as I haven't unboxed it yet (was rushing to class when the delivery arrived).

Just in case anyone else from the UK/EU is interested in these, I was told that the Europe distributor won't receive the first shipments till mid-January, so it would be a while before any retailers have these in stock over here.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #86 of 150

Quote:
stupid question but has anyone compared the W4Rs with the Shure 535? Just want to hear everyones opinion. I own a pair of 535 and am planning on picking up a set of W4Rs as well during the last day of earphonesolutions black friday sale

I did a while back in the W4 thread. But here's the synopsis:

The SE535s have the seductive Shure mids...simply magical. The W4s are better balanced through out the spectrum and cleaner sounding to my ears with more extended treble and more detailed bass (though slightly less in volume). In the end, I still own my W4s, but recently sold off my SE535s to fund another purchase. Both are still among the best universal IEMs I've heard (with a slight preference for the Westones).

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #87 of 150
Have you heard the GR10?

Quote:
I did a while back in the W4 thread. But here's the synopsis:

The SE535s have the seductive Shure mids...simply magical. The W4s are better balanced through out the spectrum and cleaner sounding to my ears with more extended treble and more detailed bass (though slightly less in volume). In the end, I still own my W4s, but recently sold off my SE535s to fund another purchase. Both are still among the best universal IEMs I've heard (with a slight preference for the Westones).

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #89 of 150
I'm trying to decide between the 4 and 4R. I missed the great deal at Earphone Solutions, but I found the 4 at Overstock for $349 and the 4R for $408.50. (I got 5% off the 4R and they rounded up 5% on the 4) So I'd like to know which to keep.

There was some debating on whether they would sound the same. Does anyone know for sure?

And can the clear plastic sheath on the 4R be removed? Now that I can buy a replacement cable, I'd prefer comfort over protecting the cable. Are there other cables that fit the 4R?

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #90 of 150

Quote:
I'm trying to decide between the 4 and 4R. I missed the great deal at Earphone Solutions, but I found the 4 at Overstock for $349 and the 4R for $408.50. (I got 5% off the 4R and they rounded up 5% on the 4) So I'd like to know which to keep.

There was some debating on whether they would sound the same. Does anyone know for sure?

And can the clear plastic sheath on the 4R be removed? Now that I can buy a replacement cable, I'd prefer comfort over protecting the cable. Are there other cables that fit the 4R?

They sound the same - I have both and I've also asked Westone CS directly before getting the W4R.

I've heard of people cutting away the guide wires. I personally love it and haven't bothered removing it because I think it secures the IEMs better - same reason I haven't looked for other manufacturers for the cables either. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back