Westone 4R users.. which tips do you use?
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kskwerl

Headphoneus Supremus
I am just wondering what other people are using, I'm loving the star tips but I also like the complys although I feel the complys may veil the sound a tad. I also read that someone shortened the triple flanges and I that just now and it sounds ok but did uncomfortable as hell. I think the star tips sound the best but I'm just curious what others are using.

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 10
I've been using Comply Foam from over P tips for over 1 year and love them
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #4 of 10
Foam tips does affect way much the sound. Mids and highs sound too distant and muddy. My vote is for the medium silicone tips. I must add that the westone small foam tips are a good match for any etymotic (at least the ones I own: mc5 and hf5) :)

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #7 of 10
  I saw a few times the proguard earportz. Look awesome but they´re expensive 

Yeah and they arent for everyone so that makes them a expensive ''trial'' with hopes they work for you. personally they work excellent for me and i highly reguard them, but others have tried them with not so good results....

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #9 of 10
I found that Shure Olives gave the comfort of the Comply tips, without the loss of high-end.  They hold up really well too.

I recently switched back to the Westone Star Tips to give them another shot and am liking them.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 10
I found that Shure Olives gave the comfort of the Comply tips, without the loss of high-end.  They hold up really well too.

I recently switched back to the Westone Star Tips to give them another shot and am liking them.

maybe I should give those a try as well, I am really liking the star tips tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back