Westone 4R or Westone UM3x-RC?
Jul 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheKarakiri

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am thinking on getting a new pair of IEMs for my portable rig. I use amps like the pico slim, RSA shadow, etc with my Ipod 5.5g. I listen to mostly: Pop, Rock & Alternative. I'm currently tossing up between these 2 IEM. Any advice would be appreciated or if you think any other IEM will match my music genres, please feel free to input.

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi guys,

I am thinking on getting a new pair of IEMs for my portable rig. I use amps like the pico slim, RSA shadow, etc with my Ipod 5.5g. I listen to mostly: Pop, Rock & Alternative. I'm currently tossing up between these 2 IEM. Any advice would be appreciated or if you think any other IEM will match my music genres, please feel free to input.

Not to be mean, there is a search button that will help a ton.

Either will be great: W4 is the more neutral but has cleaner bass and better treble extension; the UM3X has great instrument separation but a midbass hump. Start with the cheaper from EarphoneSolutions; if you don't like it and return it by just paying the difference to upgrade.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Not to be mean, there is a search button that will help a ton.

Either will be great: W4 is the more neutral but has cleaner bass and better treble extension; the UM3X has great instrument separation but a midbass hump. Start with the cheaper from EarphoneSolutions; if you don't like it and return it by just paying the difference to upgrade.

You can do that if you purchase from EarphoneSolutions?! Buy the UM3x and then pay the diff to upgrade? That solves my indecision! Haha. But how long after the first purchase before you can't upgrade anymore though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back