Westone 4R or Heir 4ai?
Jan 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

puffmtd

100+ Head-Fier
I'm interested in these two but couldn't find any direct comparisons.  These will be used to listen to classical music with some classic rock thrown in for a change of pace.  Currently I've been switching between the GR07MK2, REO, TDK BA200 and the meelec A161p and love all of them for changing things up.  The Fitear 111's are on the way when they come back in stock but I want something to play with until they get here.  I've narrowed it down to these two but can't make up my mind so I'm asking you folks for suggestions based on the type of music I listen to.  Thanks to all.
Mike

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 4
With classic rock, I would say the Westone should suit you better despite being more colored.  For classical, neither IEM really has a strength in this area, so it'd be a null call.  This is only based on your musical preferences though.  Some people's personal preference differs from their musical ones (myself being an example).  That said, I've done comparisons with the 4.Ai and a bunch of IEMs in the 4.Ai thread.  The comparisons can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621602/heir-audio-4-ai-appreciation-impression-review-thread/1830#post_8897339

If you feel, based on the comparisons that the 4.Ai would better suit you, by all means, get the 4.Ai as you know you better than anyone else knows you.  Good luck with the decisions, you really can't go wrong either direction you go though :)  

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
With classic rock, I would say the Westone should suit you better despite being more colored.  For classical, neither IEM really has a strength in this area, so it'd be a null call.  This is only based on your musical preferences though.  Some people's personal preference differs from their musical ones (myself being an example).  That said, I've done comparisons with the 4.Ai and a bunch of IEMs in the 4.Ai thread.  The comparisons can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621602/heir-audio-4-ai-appreciation-impression-review-thread/1830#post_8897339

If you feel, based on the comparisons that the 4.Ai would better suit you, by all means, get the 4.Ai as you know you better than anyone else knows you.  Good luck with the decisions, you really can't go wrong either direction you go though :)  

Thanks tinyman for your impressions and the excellent comparison review!.  The Westone's arrived today and I couldn't be happier.  They are perfect for the kind of music I listen to.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks tinyman for your impressions and the excellent comparison review!.  The Westone's arrived today and I couldn't be happier.  They are perfect for the kind of music I listen to.

Glad I could help :)  Enjoy the 4s, they are a great IEM :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back