Westone 4R for 299USD ...
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #76 of 135
http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/personal-listening/westone-4r.html

Hmm, on their website, Westone does clearly show a set of triple flanges included don't they... I'll have to make some phone calls today - thanks guys!

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #78 of 135
this im sure is just old stock, westone really just recently started shipping the w3/r with the star tips, if you dont get star tips, consider yourself lucky they suck.

the only differences between the ones that ship with the star tips and the triple flange tips and clear tips is just that. in case anyone was worried

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #80 of 135
Yep it is.. I'm glad I ordered it on Thursday. :)

Oct 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #83 of 135
I think the resell value of them will still be good at least a year from now.

i too think this, if you look at the tf10, when they got discontinued, the price of used tf10 kinda hovered then went up and up. and i feel this 299.00 till they run out will be the hovering point. but IMO the w4r are still worth 500.00 they originally msrp'd at. 

westone is just trying to liquidate the w4r so it can push a new product and this one wont be avail so consumers will be forced more or less to buy the new w40 line.

by no means does this price cut mean the w4r wont imo in the end go up in price from here. esp when people buy the w40 and maybe they dont like the build quality and want to go with the w4r, then the demand will go up and up..again much like the tf10.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #84 of 135
Got mine from earphone solutions today. That was pretty quick shipping. Ordered on Wednesday got them on Saturday with standard shipping. I'm quite impressed by the 4R, driven off the Fiio X3. It makes for a nice pairing, more than I could ask for on the go.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #85 of 135
Got mine from earphone solutions today. That was pretty quick shipping. Ordered on Wednesday got them on Saturday with standard shipping. I'm quite impressed by the 4R, driven off the Fiio X3. It makes for a nice pairing, more than I could ask for on the go.

Is the X3 a good DAP? I've been giving serious thought to splashing the cash on a K120 but the Filo seems to be getting a lot of praise and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #86 of 135
Is the X3 a good DAP? I've been giving serious thought to splashing the cash on a K120 but the Filo seems to be getting a lot of praise and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

the k120 is very nice. i love the fact that it has the fiber optic out. im personally using the iriver ihp-140 which too has the fiber optic out. the only thing to think about is weather or not you are going to use a fiber optic out to a external dac, then use a external amp. then the ak120 only is really then a extremely expensive media carrying front face.

but if you are going to solely use it for a dap then its a very nice piece imo.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #87 of 135

It's good enough for me on the go. For ultimate reference quality sound I've got my home rig, When I'm on the move something like the X3 is good enough. It's better than the Fiio E17, not much I can say other than that as I've never heard the AK120.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #90 of 135
Does the W4R need burn in....at the moment, my old TF10 sounds a bit better to my ears.

well for one, you are comparing one iem, to another both have different sound signature, both are balanced armature in ear monitors.

weather or balanced armatures need a burnin is a huge debate.

i think what you are hearing is the differences between the 2 iem's and what you need to do is give your brain a burn in, listen to the w4r and the w4r solely to give you ears a adjustment to the sound of the iem.

but AGAIN, you have to take into consideration that the tf10 has a V shapred Signature, and the w4r Doesnt and never will, i mean i guess you can adjust a eq to a v shaped sound. but out of the box they arent V shaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back