Westone 4R for 299USD ...
Oct 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #122 of 135
  The star tips are the silicon(or whatever material) that are included

medical grade silicone, they are very soft tips, but the opening on the tips are too narrow and it effects the sound signature. if you are loooking for comfort then they would work for you. but if you are looking for the best sound possible the star tips arent going to be the tip.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #126 of 135
Picked these up the other day, my first pair of IEM.  I'm happy with the sound so far. I find that the foam tips fit better and offer a bit more isolation, but I'm going to experiment a bit. I definitely like the balanced sound. The bass is controlled, and nothing stands out as a glaring weakness in the sound.

Thanks again for posting the deal on these. I've got a trip coming up, and it will be nice to have these on the airplane.

cheers -

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #127 of 135
Hi all,

I have a question about the warranty. 
I email Westone and they told me that in order to get the 4R fixed if there is a problem someone needs to send the iems from the UK to the States (Colorado) and then back.

Does this only applies for people that bought for the State, like this thread, or also people that bought from a store in the UK?

Thanks
T

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #128 of 135
Hi all,

I have a question about the warranty. 
I email Westone and they told me that in order to get the 4R fixed if there is a problem someone needs to send the iems from the UK to the States (Colorado) and then back.

Does this only applies for people that bought for the State, like this thread, or also people that bought from a store in the UK?

Thanks
T

I'm not 100% certain, but I think I read somewhere that they have to be sent back to the States for repair regardless of where they were purchased.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #129 of 135
Yeah the true fits are a pain in the ass.to get off that and you damn near damage them trying to get them off.

I dont believ you would break the nozzle off trying to get a tip off but some tips are alot harder to get off then others.

I thoroughly hate the true fits.  While the star tips are better, I'm not that fond of them either.  I did, however, order a pack of tips off amazon.com that I love.  It is a mixture of silicone 1,2 and  3 flange tips - one pair in each size.  Found that all of them the right size works fabulous and are comfortable. By all of them I mean a pair each of 1,2 and 3 flange.  Great seal and bass response.

BTW - I use my W4R's with a sana fuze+ and an FiiO E11 amp.  The only difference the amp really makes is in the bass, but the difference is fantastic.  Also, I have rockbox installed.  Overall, I love my setup and bass is not an issue - simply incredible.  Bone shaking, deep and gutteral while at the same time, tight and accurate.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #130 of 135
After having been at first unimpressed with my 4r's, I have to say that I absolutely love them now. My htc one drives them good and the detail is amazing. I've actually grown to appreciate the super tight bass over more boomy exaggerated bass. I've only so far listened to music I've bought off of Google play but it's good enough for me at 320 kbps mp3's. Alice in chains unplugged album is spectacular on the Westones. Glad I decided to buy them for $299.

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #131 of 135

I thoroughly hate the true fits.  While the star tips are better, I'm not that fond of them either.  I did, however, order a pack of tips off amazon.com that I love.  It is a mixture of silicone 1,2 and  3 flange tips - one pair in each size.  Found that all of them the right size works fabulous and are comfortable. By all of them I mean a pair each of 1,2 and 3 flange.  Great seal and bass response.

BTW - I use my W4R's with a sana fuze+ and an FiiO E11 amp.  The only difference the amp really makes is in the bass, but the difference is fantastic.  Also, I have rockbox installed.  Overall, I love my setup and bass is not an issue - simply incredible.  Bone shaking, deep and gutteral while at the same time, tight and accurate.

well im glad you found some tips that work for you.

i recently got some atrio double flange tips and they sound pretty good.

After having been at first unimpressed with my 4r's, I have to say that I absolutely love them now. My htc one drives them good and the detail is amazing. I've actually grown to appreciate the super tight bass over more boomy exaggerated bass. I've only so far listened to music I've bought off of Google play but it's good enough for me at 320 kbps mp3's. Alice in chains unplugged album is spectacular on the Westones. Glad I decided to buy them for $299.

thats what i was getting at

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #134 of 135
  Picked these up the other day, my first pair of IEM.  I'm happy with the sound so far. I find that the foam tips fit better and offer a bit more isolation, but I'm going to experiment a bit. I definitely like the balanced sound. The bass is controlled, and nothing stands out as a glaring weakness in the sound.

Thanks again for posting the deal on these. I've got a trip coming up, and it will be nice to have these on the airplane.

cheers -

Well, congratulations. This is a big jump into the IEM swimming pool. These are astronomical upgrades from whatever you've been using before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back