Westone 4 Driver miss match... should be disscused!
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 20
I noticed the same. I have more bass quantity on the right side and sometimes I think it's missing on the left side completely. Then again, I sometimes have a track where the bass is coming from the left, so I usually put it off as a seal issue.
Before I bought my pair, I auditioned and rented a different W4. It was exactly the same with this one. For now I think that my right ear canal is a wee bit smaller and thus the Complys are pushed together some more, resulting into even better isolation and bass emphasis.
Also, even if this is not the case, I once had an eardrum perforation so I would not let my ears judge about bass quantity. (Everything should be back to normal by now, though.)

I was thinking about looking further into this by using tri-flanges or extensively comparing bass tracks with different earphones. However, I might be scared of the result also. Should there really be a difference, I rather not know and not bother about it.

All in all, a driver mismatch is posible, but it is by far not as bad as Sylaw's spelling! So I don't really care.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
I noticed the same. I have more bass quantity on the right side and sometimes I think it's missing on the left side completely. Then again, I sometimes have a track where the bass is coming from the left, so I usually put it off as a seal issue.
Before I bought my pair, I auditioned and rented a different W4. It was exactly the same with this one. For now I think that my right ear canal is a wee bit smaller and thus the Complys are pushed together some more, resulting into even better isolation and bass emphasis.
Also, even if this is not the case, I once had an eardrum perforation so I would not let my ears judge about bass quantity. (Everything should be back to normal by now, though.)

I was thinking about looking further into this by using tri-flanges or extensively comparing bass tracks with different earphones. However, I might be scared of the result also. Should there really be a difference, I rather not know and not bother about it.

All in all, a driver mismatch is posible, but it is by far not as bad as Sylaw's spelling! So I don't really care.

dude, dont joke, joking is insulting to the op. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back