Westone 3's right ear cutting in and out. Need to rewire?
Aug 9, 2010 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rack0

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

My Westone 3's recently started acting up.  The right ear will now cut in and out.  I need to fiddle with the wire close to earbud in order to get the sound to come back, but if I move around too much it will cut back out.

Any suggestions?  Does anyone here in the forums do custom rewiring?  Or is this something I would need to contact Westone about?

Thanks so much for your help.

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the info Spyro...

If they happen to be out of the warranty (I bought them from a fellow Head-Fi'er), is there anyone on the forums that does custom wiring?

Thanks again.

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 8
I've never done any rewiring at the speaker end, but I'm an electrical engineer and I've soldered my fair share of extremely tiny parts, so it would probably be doable depending on the situation.  At the very worst, if you get a replacement pair and aren't going to make use of the 'broken' ones, definitely let me know - I'd love to take a crack and I'd probably throw you some cash for the set.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Thanks for the info Spyro...

If they happen to be out of the warranty (I bought them from a fellow Head-Fi'er), is there anyone on the forums that does custom wiring?

Thanks again.

Have you contact our customer service team yet? They can answer the question if they are our of warranty yet or not. 800-525-5071 or music@westone.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back