Westone 3 universal IEM....
May 6, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #47 of 169
Which full sized can sounds similar to the Westone 3? Do they have an ATH sound?

May 6, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #48 of 169
powerhound, how big are the comply tips compared to the large silicon single flange tips of super.fi 5 pro?

I could never get a seal with foam tips, only the large silicon tips did it for me. So I want to make sure I can get a seal with the comply tips before I buy. Thanks

May 6, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #49 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
powerhound, how big are the comply tips compared to the large silicon single flange tips of super.fi 5 pro?

I could never get a seal with foam tips, only the large silicon tips did it for me. So I want to make sure I can get a seal with the comply tips before I buy. Thanks

Ah... which ones ? there are three different sizes.

The 3 will come with 3 sizes of Comply foamies, 3 sizes of silicone "mushroom" tips, 3 sizes of silicone "bullet" tips and one set of triflanges. I'm pretty sure you'll be covered. :wink:

May 6, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #50 of 169
I have to stop coming to this place. The temptations are devastating to my wallet. And no more manufactures that can give all the answers increasing the size of the net that gets casted enveloping poor souls like myself until all we have is a portable system and living out of our car in aural bliss. :^)

May 6, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #52 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which full sized can sounds similar to the Westone 3? Do they have an ATH sound?

The Westone 3 was supposedly based on the RS-1.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

May 6, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #53 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Completely off topic, but I really should start listing my purchases as decimals, like you did.

"Nick, how much were those RS-1's you bought."
"Not much at all, I only spent $.6 on them."
".6 of what?"
"Nah, just .6"

lol - I'll have to try that.

How did I miss this thread...thanks to Ray my wallet is not safe.
evil_smiley.gif

I will be waiting a while for this purchase but as Sherwood mentions, they could replace my etys??? My precious!!
etysmile.gif
say it ain't so. We shall see, errr hear.

May 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #54 of 169
Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s other than under serious listening tests?

Would westone do a deal if I send in my UM2s to test the westone3?
Is there any upgrade scheme from UM2s to westone3?

May 6, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #55 of 169
damn it, this "review" will leave a lotta wallets crying. man, if the advice is from the guru Mr. Ray Sammuels himself, then it gotta be real.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #58 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s other than under serious listening tests?

I 'll leave the first question to others.
As for the upgrade, nope.

May 7, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #59 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The bass is drastically different on the UM3, so if you're concerned with micro details in bass and sub-bass clarity I'd recommend considering the upgrade. If you listen to rolled off bass, I found the mid and treble range to be clarified somewhat, less sibilant, but similar. For me, it wouldn't be worth buying them all over again just for the treble. Now, the bass is another story...

May 7, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #60 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not called the UM3 because that is a DIFFERENT series. The UM's were built for stage monitoring use. The new series starting with the 3 is built FOR personal listening.

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back