Westone 3 universal IEM....
May 5, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #31 of 169
I am going to have to get a second job to support this uh, hobby?! Or work overtime but 12 hour shifts in cardiac can make listening something you only do to go to sleep. All a balancing act, oh yeah, balanced portable, now I have to save for that. . . help. .. .

May 5, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #32 of 169
Are there any full-sized cans that you would compare the sound sig and sq to?

May 5, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 169
I recall hound mentioning that the W3 benefit from amping, and now this rave review from Ray... The cynic in me senses a cross promotion scheme
wink.gif

Seriously though, I'm sure that if Ray says they're amazing - they most certainly are... even my inner cynic can't protect my wallet. I'll probably wait for the FOTM hype to die down before deciding though, 0.4k is a lot of dough for a cheap person like me.

May 5, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #34 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recall hound mentioning that the W3 benefit from amping, and now this rave review from Ray... The cynic in me senses a cross promotion scheme
wink.gif

Seriously though, I'm sure that if Ray says they're amazing - they most certainly are... even my inner cynic can't protect my wallet. I'll probably wait for the FOTM hype to die down before deciding though, 0.4k is a lot of dough for a cheap person like me.

Completely off topic, but I really should start listing my purchases as decimals, like you did.

"Nick, how much were those RS-1's you bought."
"Not much at all, I only spent $.6 on them."
".6 of what?"
"Nah, just .6"

May 5, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #36 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just turned the big 5-0 so I'll be into Westones soon enough, hearing-aids that is.
etysmile.gif

AARP discounts anyone?
evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #38 of 169
Should I save my money for customs or buy the universals and hope that I can resist? If I buy the universals, and then decide that I need to go all the way there with the customs, someone will offer me a buck fiddy for the used universals and I will take a loss on them as well as having to pay for the customs. Ouch!

Will there really be that much of a difference?

May 5, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #39 of 169
what is the estimated street price of these?

May 6, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #41 of 169
I just spent half on hour with the westone 3s this afternoon at the cinco de meet, and I cannot agree with Ray more. I ran the threes through a fully burned in hornet -- ray chose it himself -- and I couldn't stop listening. Though the sound signature isn't the same, the only other thing at that meet that impressed me in the same way was Ray's R10 through his B-52. He's absolutely correct in citing the excellent sub-bass. The frequency response is simply astounding. Nothing before this has convinced me to let go of my etys, but they're on the chopping block now.
I'll post a more thorough review tomorrow in the meet impressions thread, but suffice it to say that no one could be disappointed by these little guys. Stunning.

May 6, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #44 of 169
I would say get an amp probably to get rid of the hiss from bad players.

This sounds like an amazing IEM though.

Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s?
p.s. change name to UM3 please because i cba to type westone3 - it will be better for your brand continuity too probably.

May 6, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #45 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say get an amp probably to get rid of the hiss from bad players.

This sounds like an amazing IEM though.

Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s?
p.s. change name to UM3 please because i cba to type westone3 - it will be better for your brand continuity too probably.

It's not called the UM3 because that is a DIFFERENT series. The UM's were built for stage monitoring use. The new series starting with the 3 is built FOR personal listening.

Did someone actually ask for the 3 to be A/B's with the Atrio M5 ???? You're kidding right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back