Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #1,606 of 2,224
Sil3nce:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160493775789&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #1,607 of 2,224
Glad your found your audio heaven for a few weeks at least till you get the urge to try something new.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #1,608 of 2,224

Quote:
Glad your found your audio heaven for a few weeks at least till you get the urge to try something new.
ksc75smile.gif

Nah, the holidays are coming and there's nothing out there jumping out at me, universal wise anyway..  The only reason I tried the Custom3, HJE900 and M6 was to find a knock around/jogging/walking/beach IEM.  None of them were a threat to take the top spot.  That spot is quite secure.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,609 of 2,224
I just tried the long comply that came with me Westone. Awesome isolation! But i feel the pressure of it being so deep. Also I feel the bass is overpowering the other freqs, never thought id be saying that.

Oct 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,611 of 2,224

Quote:
Holidays means sales and black friday so there will be things that come up..I'm sure of it
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL.. Like what??  I've pretty much heard everything I'm interested in hearing now, and trust me, there won't be any extra money when I get done shopping for my daughter.
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #1,613 of 2,224

Quote:
Holidays means sales and black friday so there will be things that come up..I'm sure of it
smily_headphones1.gif

Hm, does that mean that the W3 are on your radar rawster?
biggrin.gif

As for me, if I do get something for Black Friday, it'll most likely be the AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones.

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #1,614 of 2,224
LOL
smily_headphones1.gif
The W3 will never be on my radar. I've been using universal earphones less and less and if anything is on my radar it is a custom earphone but I won't be able to afford one until the holidays are over. I have tried the W3 and they are not for me..at least not at that cost. If they drop down to like $150..
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #1,616 of 2,224
Just got my brand-spankin' new Westone 3 (original shrink wrap and all) off the Bay for a veritable steal ($299) from a nice fella in Mountain View, CA.
Universal IEM upgrade from my Shure E4c/UE Super.fi 5 Pro.  Adds low end detail and depth that the E4c lack as well as some bump up in soundstage, and provides much needed high freq detail that the Super.fi 5's lack.  No sibilance noticeable yet.  By the way, I'm using my now-standard Universal IEM tip, which is the modded Triple Flange - with the smallest flange cut off and the stem cut flush to the back of the largest flange - which seals perfectly and allows the Westone 3 to rest very comfortably in my ear.

This looks to be my new go to for running around, out and about, travel, on-the-go, etc.

Does this mean that I'm done with IEM upgraditis?

Surely you jest.  This is HeadFi, after all.

Still waiting to pull the trigger on my first custom, multi-driver IEM - yet to be determined.

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #1,617 of 2,224

Quote:
Just got my brand-spankin' new Westone 3 (original shrink wrap and all) off the Bay for a veritable steal ($299) from a nice fella in Mountain View, CA.
Universal IEM upgrade from my Shure E4c/UE Super.fi 5 Pro.  Adds low end detail and depth that the E4c lack as well as some bump up in soundstage, and provides much needed high freq detail that the Super.fi 5's lack.  No sibilance noticeable yet.  By the way, I'm using my now-standard Universal IEM tip, which is the modded Triple Flange - with the smallest flange cut off and the stem cut flush to the back of the largest flange - which seals perfectly and allows the Westone 3 to rest very comfortably in my ear.

This looks to be my new go to for running around, out and about, travel, on-the-go, etc.

Does this mean that I'm done with IEM upgraditis?

Surely you jest.  This is HeadFi, after all.

Still waiting to pull the trigger on my first custom, multi-driver IEM - yet to be determined.

Congrats on your purchase and for finding the right tip so quick, all that's left is enjoyment.  As for IEM upgraditis, I know I'm done.. Customs are the only logical next step for me and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  Now, headphone upgraditis.. that's another story..

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #1,618 of 2,224

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase and for finding the right tip so quick, all that's left is enjoyment.  As for IEM upgraditis, I know I'm done.. Customs are the only logical next step for me and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  Now, headphone upgraditis.. that's another story..

Well, you could always have a company like Fisher Audio make a custom remold of your W3. Remember, there's always another step.
ph34r.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #1,620 of 2,224
I wanted these IEMs 3 years ago but never pulled the trigger. A few months ago I finally managed to grab a pair on a trade. These have become my favorite due to high comfort/appearance and the ability to work with every genre I throw at them. Great job Westone.
bigsmile_face.gif

Here they were playing with Ipod Classic and Pico Slim for the day. Lately I have them paired with i9 & XM5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back