Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #1,246 of 2,224
Is there a noticeable difference between a 320 kbps Mp3 and a lossless file on an ipod perhaps (or any other portable Mp3 player) with the Westone 3?

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #1,247 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a noticeable difference between a 320 kbps Mp3 and a lossless file on an ipod perhaps (or any other portable Mp3 player) with the Westone 3?

Not much, the difference is bigger with my iMod or a good USB DAC amp, but 320K is very enjoyable.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #1,248 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so how many of you guys/gals go running or excersizing with your Westone 3's? my paranoid side doesn't like the idea, but then again, they fit so well and make the run sooo much more enjoyable -- it may be best to make the most out of them and use them for everything for two years, and if they stop working, well there is the 2 year warranty. although i'm not sure if sweat damage would destroy them as much as slowly and subtley degrade the audio quality. I thought of getting a W1 just for running, but idk.

I do. Westone even recommends exercise use while using W3's. Says right on the packaging. That's a main reason for even using IEM's.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #1,250 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by RefreshMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did i come too late? Damn.

confused.gif

-Ed

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #1,252 of 2,224
I just received my W3s today to replace my damaged UE Super.fi 5 Pros. No need for me to go into a long review about them as pretty much everything that needs to be said about 'em has been stated numerous times over. I'll just say that I'm immensely pleased with them and they're a large leap in every aspect over my old UEs. The W3s truly are wonderful and a joy to listen to.......they definitely live up to all the hype and praise heaped upon them.

Special thanks to all the people on this site for their detailed reviews and impressions that I used to make my decision....it was truly helpful and put my mind at ease to spend my money on the Westones.

Now it's time put a portable amp on the "soon to buy" list...

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #1,254 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cable Issues!

Anyone noticed their cables coming uncoiled, and loose?

My westone 3's are entering into the 2nd month without any issues..

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #1,255 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cable Issues!

Anyone noticed their cables coming uncoiled, and loose?

My mains cable is experiencing two unraveling events, one a third of the way from the plug and a second halfway up the cable from the plug. I was hoping this would not occur the first moment I laid eyes on my precious, but it has, unfortunately, begun, and seems impossible to stop.

-Ed

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #1,256 of 2,224
Same here. A tiny spot started to unravel. What's up with that? I had assumed the two wires were somehow "locked" into place. Wrong. Is this some sort of design flaw It seemed to have happened very easily, much too easily in fact. I am gonna check in with Westone CS and see what they say. Won't affect sound, but not good for the long haul. And just when I finally hit the sound sweet spot (tri-flanges with a small trunk trim).

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #1,257 of 2,224
Any chance of these dropping in price below the $400 USD mark?

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #1,258 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My mains cable is experiencing two unraveling events, one a third of the way from the plug and a second halfway up the cable from the plug. I was hoping this would not occur the first moment I laid eyes on my precious, but it has, unfortunately, begun, and seems impossible to stop.

-Ed

Same Issue for me !
i think it'll be same for all Westone 3.
Does they know this problem, and what are saying ?

Cable become to look UGLY

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #1,259 of 2,224
I noticed something similiar, but it only occurs when I'm wrapping the IEMS up to be placed in a case (with increased slack). Once I straighten the IEMS out to use the braid returns.

I just placed a call to Westone CS and they mentioned that the cable is totally new, and not like the UM2 or UM1, so they are paying close attention to any possible "issues". From the sound of it, it seems like my case is normal, when introducing slack at certain points the braid unwinds a bit, but returns when straightened. CS also mentioned that since this is a new product they're especially interested in taking care of W3 customers. CS seems to be top notch!!

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #1,260 of 2,224
Very cool. I can only assume that if it becomes a major problem, they will do something about it. If, as I also noticed, it goes back to twisted when straight (wow, that sounds confusing), then it should not be an issue. I hope. Stuff happens, but imagine them having to replace every W3 cable. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back