Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #841 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It leans to the right with my ears and I have a better seal with my right ear. Lol.

Do you plan to do anything about it? It's not that bad, but definitely noticeable for me.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #842 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooMonger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you plan to do anything about it? It's not that bad, but definitely noticeable for me.

Nah. Either I just ignore it or pull the right tip slightly further out of my right ear until I hear it's centered.
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #845 of 2,224
Got mine today. Only listened for a little so have to reserve ultimate opinion after more usage. But quickly here are some comments:

My custom tips for Ec4 fit perfectly.... but foams sound better. lol
They are a little tough to learn how to fit correctly or maybe im a spaz
Wonderfully light
Great low profile design...very err "sleek" (pun intended)

Overall, i would characterize them as warmly balanced analogue. Eg they are tubelike and less digital then the vmodas or Ec4s.....

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #848 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woot I love usps my westone's commin tomorrow 2 days from florida cannot wait to get my hands on those suckers to add to my 3 driver collection

I just got mine 2 days ago and its been audio bliss ever since
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #850 of 2,224
Quote:

hehehe I can do a 3 way comparison between the 3 triple driver cans I have had and may be that will give some good insights unless someone has compared the 3 yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

I would love to see what you have to say comparing the W3 to the Shures. Looking for someone to be honest with none of the usual "The W3 sounds wonderful like angels licking your eardrums" type of stuff.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #851 of 2,224
Ow I am going to be brutally honest I always am. i don't b.s myself into think this new can is better because I just got it and all that whatnot if I don't think they are the best they are going to get returned since 3 cans are too many for me to have and won't get properly used

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #852 of 2,224
Quote:

Ow I am going to be brutally honest I always am. i don't b.s myself into think this new can is better because I just got it and all that whatnot if I don't think they are the best they are going to get returned since 3 cans are too many for me to have and won't get properly used

Cool. I really love my Shures but am looking for another pair to use with an amp. hope you get them soon.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #853 of 2,224
Yep personally with a good amp I prefer my tf10's to my shures but hopefully the westone 3 will be my ultimate semi-universal iem that has some real neutrality and balance though my tf10's are very balanced in my configuration also.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #855 of 2,224
the one thing i am unsure of with these thin voice canals is how long lasting they can be whilst that thin. i worried every time i took my sleeves from the um2 and the e500 and then the sa6 (on sale by the way) and these look no different. my audio technica ck10 have the same thin voice tube but it is surrounded in a sturdy plastic arm that fits the likes of sony's silicon tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back