Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #827 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, it splits about 3" below my chin. My head is kindof big by the way.

Thanks for the response. Does it put pressure on your neck then?

Richard

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #828 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the response. Does it put pressure on your neck then?

Richard

Nope, with my head looking forward and back straight, the Y junction does not touch my neck, the 2 cords do slightly touch the neck (since I'm wearing them over ear, they flow down from behind my ears down to my front). I have not had any discomfort issues caused by the cables.

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #830 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone knows why the price of westone 3 in China is so cheap? it is 1980cny which is around 280usd.
What is the marketing strategy of Westone?

Prolly because they are not Authorized Dealers. All Authorized Dealers will have it listed for $399(US).

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #831 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prolly because they are not Authorized Dealers. All Authorized Dealers will have it listed for $399(US).

they are Authorized dealer (their address is listed on westone website--Beijing Anrun). Any other reason?

And, BTW, can I get price match? Just got W3 from EarphoneSolutions and going to visit china in 1 week.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #833 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are Authorized dealer (their address is listed on westone website--Beijing Anrun). Any other reason?

And, BTW, can I get price match? Just got W3 from EarphoneSolutions and going to visit china in 1 week.

Oh really.... then we need to contact them. That is a dealer violation.
Can you PM me the URL of that sale?

If you just got the W3 from EarphoneSolutions, how can I help with a price match?

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #834 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh really.... then we need to contact them. That is a dealer violation.
Can you PM me the URL of that sale?

If you just got the W3 from EarphoneSolutions, how can I help with a price match?

PM sent,

It looks the Chinese market of Westone Universal IEMs is messed up now. the price difference of UM2 and W3 is only around $30 now. A big impact to other IEMs brand too.
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #835 of 2,224
I finally got the funds in my PayPal only to see that there's no more Live discount. What's going on?

Same goes with an eBay discount code -- can't find any. :frowning2:

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #836 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by DestradoImpulse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got the funds in my PayPal only to see that there's no more Live discount. What's going on?

Same goes with an eBay discount code -- can't find any. :frowning2:

[size=large]NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!![/size]
eek.gif

come back
come back

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #838 of 2,224
I've been listening to the westone 3's for the past few days and have been enjoying audio bliss. However, I've noticed that the sound does not seem "centered." The music "leans" to the left, as if I have a better seal in my left ear. Could that be why? My ears are of different sizes/shapes (not by too much), but I guess different enough to bring about a discrepancy. Would this be remedied by customs?

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #840 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooMonger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to the westone 3's for the past few days and have been enjoying audio bliss. However, I've noticed that the sound does not seem "centered." The music "leans" to the left, as if I have a better seal in my left ear. Could that be why? My ears are of different sizes/shapes (not by too much), but I guess different enough to bring about a discrepancy. Would this be remedied by customs?

It leans to the right with my ears and I have a better seal with my right ear. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back