Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #571 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend Earphone Solutions. I too live in Europe and have nothing but positive experience with their shipping and costumer service. Fast (and free, not via Fedex) shipping included.

Thank you very much. EarphoneSolutions is what I know a USA store
bigsmile_face.gif
but I only hear very good things about them too. I did also try their support service a day and they awesome by reply back too.

I just avoid buying expensive things from here as much as I can due to paying unexpected customs and VAT. I thought Fedex was a better choice for avoid them. I did actually ask them about that thing in that I was a day planned to get TF10 Pro and SE530 by them but didn't happen. I got info around here that Shure didn't allow to ship oversea and by TF10 there will occur some issues on warranty where I will be need to pay for shipment somehow.

What about Westone 3 and Earphone Solutions? I properly understand there is nothing really to worry about at all, except they might be sold out very fast, (thanks to vorlon1)
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #572 of 2,224
I got the w3's!!! =D
and they sound terrific!!!

but, where's the warranty? I ordered from earphonesolutions, and I thought I had to mail something back in order to get a 2-year warranty. As of now, I don't see anything in the box that mentions even a 1 year warranty. I love these phones, but I dont want to pay another 400 if they break within the next 2 years...

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #573 of 2,224
You can do it online, at Westone.com, but you have to wait until Monday, cause they don't have the W3 listed yet among their products in the drop down box. Registering extends the warranty to 2 years, as you know. There is a registration card in the box, and it says to send it in for an extended warranty.

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #574 of 2,224
=( i don't see a registration card in the box. I received the westone 3 box, invoice from earphonesolutions, and contents within the westone 3 box (westone 3's, ten different eartips, inline volume control, 1/4" adapter, travel case, and wax loop). I didnt get any registration card or user manual. were those supposed to come in the w3 box?
hmm... should I ask for an exchange then?

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #575 of 2,224
thanks for the quick response!

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #577 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much. EarphoneSolutions is what I know a USA store
bigsmile_face.gif
but I only hear very good things about them too. I did also try their support service a day and they awesome by reply back too.

I just avoid buying expensive things from here as much as I can due to paying unexpected customs and VAT. I thought Fedex was a better choice for avoid them. I did actually ask them about that thing in that I was a day planned to get TF10 Pro and SE530 by them but didn't happen. I got info around here that Shure didn't allow to ship oversea and by TF10 there will occur some issues on warranty where I will be need to pay for shipment somehow.

What about Westone 3 and Earphone Solutions? I properly understand there is nothing really to worry about at all, except they might be sold out very fast, (thanks to vorlon1)
biggrin.gif

When I ordered my Shures from ES early this year, I luckily didn't have to pay costums and they weren't shipped via Fedex at this time.

As regards the W3 and warranty, I think we would always be forced to mail them to the Westone HQ in the US for repair or replacement as there's no European subsidiary if I'm not mistaken...

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #578 of 2,224
vorlon1, I see you have q-JAYS. Would you say the W3 pretty much beats the q-JAYS in every category in highs,mids and lows? I already get the idea that the W3 will have a much bigger sound than the q-JAYS
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #579 of 2,224
Vorlon1, thanks for your review!!! You should probably start your own thread though, it will be kinda hard for ppl to find it later on!

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #580 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't using the W3s on the iPhone without such an extension a pain, since it was not made for iPhone/Touch?

Well let's not put it that way. The case is hampering the connection not the W3. The W3 was designed to work with all portable devices. iPods are what most of us in the office use.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #582 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very very much for your comparison vorlon1.

Okay, hows things going on European sellers right now on Westone 3?
I know PJBOX from here but is there any other out there yet?

Talk to Stefan at Variphone (Welkom op de website van Variphone | Variphone Benelux). They handle our European distribution.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #583 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbornazn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=( i don't see a registration card in the box. I received the westone 3 box, invoice from earphonesolutions, and contents within the westone 3 box (westone 3's, ten different eartips, inline volume control, 1/4" adapter, travel case, and wax loop). I didnt get any registration card or user manual. were those supposed to come in the w3 box?
hmm... should I ask for an exchange then?

GRRRR... PM me your address. I'll see that you get everything.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #584 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I ordered my Shures from ES early this year, I luckily didn't have to pay costums and they weren't shipped via Fedex at this time.

As regards the W3 and warranty, I think we would always be forced to mail them to the Westone HQ in the US for repair or replacement as there's no European subsidiary if I'm not mistaken...

Mistaken. :)
Variphone is our European distributor. When you buy through one of their dealers, you send to them (quicker and cheaper). When you buy from a US dealer you need to send them back to the States.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #585 of 2,224
I wish the Australian Retailer had the same price as US, nearly $150 more than the current currency conversion based on Westone's $399.

XE.com: $399USD = $612AUD
Aus Retailer: $780 for the Westone 3!

True Madness! Live.com needs to provide Australian's with some discount!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back