Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #556 of 2,224
Thanks to everyone who has commented, I'm glad it's been helpful.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #557 of 2,224
Thanks for the review. I have never heard such a good description of deep bass before.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #558 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to everyone who has commented,
I'm glad it's been helpful.

More helpful than you know. I always felt the TF10 would be even better if a couple of layers of honey was 'shaved' off the presentation. So to hear that a magic cleanser has been at work, removing layers of 'sonic film' made me even more excited about getting the W3.

Now I can really begin to imagine what they sound like
beerchug.gif

Tony:
Are you tempted??

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #559 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GREAT REVIEW vorlon1!

It has definitely made me happy that I should be expecting a set of these to arrive in the mail in a couple of days.

No, horrible review volron1... You should have said the Westone 3's are the worst triple-driver headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks a lot, now I'm broke again~~

Just when I gave up hope, Westone comes back. This must be the longest delay in IEM history so far.. I heard a speculation for a release date of April 2007 at one point and have been waiting ever since. I just happened to run into this thread by accident and ordered them right away. Looking forward to hearing them to see how they compare with the UM2s.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #560 of 2,224
"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ---Michael Corleone, Godfather 3.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #562 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ---Michael Corleone, Godfather 3.

Haha, so true.. I've been head-fi sober for 1 year now.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #563 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More helpful than you know. I always felt the TF10 would be even better if a couple of layers of honey was 'shaved' off the presentation. So to hear that a magic cleanser has been at work, removing layers of 'sonic film' made me even more excited about getting the W3.

Now I can really begin to imagine what they sound like
beerchug.gif

Tony:
Are you tempted??

I think it's not a matter of "if" I get the Westone 3, but "when" I snipe a pair.
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #566 of 2,224
I just ordered a pair as my christmas present from my wife. I ended up with the cash back and a discount coupon getting them for 40% off
smily_headphones1.gif

I likely won't hear them for a month but life is good anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #567 of 2,224
I'm working like a dog re-ripping some of my selected faves to FLAC, just for the W3. Never went much for lossless before, but figured for a select few (Beatles, Sinatra, Stones, et al) it would be worth it...now.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #568 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair as my christmas present from my wife. I ended up with the cash back and a discount coupon getting them for 40% off
smily_headphones1.gif

I likely won't hear them for a month but life is good anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Exact same here. Identical. When they arrived, she let me listen for 30 minutes, to make sure they were "working" properly (my idea, of course). But she didn't want to be empty-handed on Xmas, so back in the box they went. Doh!

Now, she says she will buy the Westone custom sleeves for the W3 when my birthday rolls around in March. She never knows what to get me, and that's the perfect followup Dread. Just let your wife know at birthday time. They are $150 with the audiologist appt.

HPAddict says his set of Westone custom sleeves are the best sounding tips with the W3. I have an old pair from FutureSonics, and I will try them first, but doubt they will be any good.

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #569 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exact same here. SNIP

Now, she says she will buy the Westone custom sleeves for the W3 when my birthday rolls around in March. She never knows what to get me, and that's the perfect followup Dread. Just let your wife know at birthday time. They are $150 with the audiologist appt.

SNIP

Thanks for the tip. Are these the blue tips I saw before in this thread or a full on sleeve?

Thanks,
Chris

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #570 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip. Are these the blue tips I saw before in this thread or a full on sleeve?

Thanks,
Chris

They are a full sleeve, much like a custom, though they just attach to the W3 sound post. Seems like it would make them stick out too much, though. Wonder if HPAddict has any photos of his in use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back