Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #287 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by djh01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, thanks! Just pulled the trigger...

I had never thought about it, but how does the over the ear cord play with glasses?

I have the um1s - same over the ear design. IMO, the cord over the ear is small enough so that the difference between wearing it with glasses and without glasses is negligible. It might take a while to get used to at first, but it doesn't bother me when I wear glasses.

that might just be me though, tbh I wear contacts most of the time - but its not because i'm uncomfortable wearing glasses with over-the-ear cords.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #288 of 2,224
I'm about to pull the trigger on these too! I've been waiting for the w3's to come out for a while now, resisting the temptation to buy the um2's or shure's as I really liked my westones and I liked the idea of a true 3-way HP.
I told my friend that I was about to spend $400 on some headphones, and he wanted me to get the 530's - "they're the best," he tells me.
I respectfully disagreed with him, and showed him the review of the w3's on earphonesolutions.com
10 minutes later, he's telling me to get the w3's so that he can steal them from me when I get them. haha!

reaaallllyyy want these westone's =D. but once I get them, I'm going to hide them from my roomie. I want to listen to them for a few days at least before I share them with him. I better get them back....

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #289 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbornazn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reaaallllyyy want these westone's =D. but once I get them, I'm going to hide them from my roomie. I want to listen to them for a few days at least before I share them with him. I better get them back....

To be honest, once, you drop them in his hands that may be the last time you touch them. (;

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #296 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone order the W3 using overnight or 1 day shipping? Just curious

I did!
smily_headphones1.gif
Hope they arrive in no more than a week. I'm dying to get a listen in.......

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #298 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question: what sort of comply tips are compatible with these, the 'P' series or the 'T-100' series?

I believe that the 'P' series are for westone universal models and certain shure model IEM's and the 'T' series are for the other branded IEM's. A good example of the 'T' series compatible would be the UE IEM's like SF5P.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #299 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by esmallits01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comfort! YES! It slipped right in without effort. Glided in and remains snuggly fitted. I have no problems with the Triple-fi fit. But when I tried the W3, now I finally understand how comfy iems can get.

So hows the difference in comfort between the W3 and the UM2?

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #300 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey powerhound, do you happen to know a catalogue number for the fit kit? My local Westone dealer couldn't find anything on the Westone 3's.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.
Part# 79240 - Universal Fit Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back