Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #2,132 of 2,224
My cable is fine too, and it have been 8 months.

Send it back to Westone because the shell cracked.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #2,134 of 2,224
Just gotta take care of them.  It's a fragile product as much as we don't want to treat it that way.  If you roll up your IEM cord around your player and stuff it in your pocket that is DEATH....or a very short life for the product.

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #2,135 of 2,224
  Just gotta take care of them.  It's a fragile product as much as we don't want to treat it that way.  If you roll up your IEM cord around your player and stuff it in your pocket that is DEATH....or a very short life for the product.

Yup, I always roll mine up around 3 fingers avoiding the strain reliefs, then store in a hard case.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #2,137 of 2,224
I love my Westone 3!
I want a full-size, open headphone that sounds like it. What headphone would it be?

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #2,140 of 2,224

Open headphones will sound very different from the W3.  The W3 has the sound of a closed-back headphone

To me W3 sounds more open than my LCD-2 (rev.2) which is an open headphone.

The LCD-2 might open up more if it's being fed more power.

But that's just my speculation.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,141 of 2,224
I dunno many full size open headphones that are as quick as Westone 3.. maybe HD800 with good amps & DAC..but i heard HD800 years ago so I forgot if they had same level of brightness and if they lacked veil.

What I do remember is that Sennheiser IE8 had a very sub-wooferish kind of bass but Westone 3 had the perfect bass levels for me.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #2,142 of 2,224

Open headphones will sound very different from the W3.  The W3 has the sound of a closed-back headphone

To me W3 sounds more open than my LCD-2 (rev.2) which is an open headphone.

That's definitely contrary to what I've heard when I've listened to LCD-2's at meets.  They sounded much more open then the W3 through a Schiit setup.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #2,143 of 2,224
That's definitely contrary to what I've heard when I've listened to LCD-2's at meets.  They sounded much more open then the W3 through a Schiit setup.

I listen to my LCD-2 (rev.2) through Schiit Bifrost & Lyr and with some kinds of music, for example, soundtracks like Tron or Dark Knight, the listening experience is a bit suffocating (closed-in, in-the-head soundstage) while listening to these soundtracks on W3 gives me much more pleasurable - more spacious and more dimensional sound.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,144 of 2,224
I dunno many full size open headphones that are as quick as Westone 3.. maybe HD800 with good amps & DAC..but i heard HD800 years ago so I forgot if they had same level of brightness and if they lacked veil.

What I do remember is that Sennheiser IE8 had a very sub-wooferish kind of bass but Westone 3 had the perfect bass levels for me.

I was considering HD-800, but together with a 'required' high quality source and amp, the price would be quite high. Also I am afraid that HD-800 would be too analytical and too little fun with different kinds of electronic music.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,145 of 2,224

I was considering HD-800, but together with a 'required' high quality source and amp, the price would be quite high. Also I am afraid that HD-800 would be too analytical and too little fun with different kinds of electronic music.

ya i sold my HD600 as hadnt used them in years as i travel a lot.

checkout used headphones..thats how i used to get hifi stuff during my student life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back