Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #2,026 of 2,224
How?  Doesn't it depend what he's looking for?  W3 has much more bass qty and is crisper and more coherent sounding.  W4 has much better midrange.

I wouldn't even bother putting them head-to-head. Different sound signatures for different audiences. One is certainly not "hands down better" than the other.

Just my opinion guys, imo the w4 is better than the w3 although the w3 has more bass which can be overpowering at times and get in the way certain things the w4 is a jack of all trades it doesn't do anything superb and yet it does nothing wrong. If he's looking a bass go with the w3 if he's looking for listening to various genres of music where overpowering bass isn't a factor then the w4 is the way to go. W4 > w3

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #2,027 of 2,224
Just advice: Maybe instead of deciding one is "better", maybe just give reasons as to why you prefer one.

Just because I prefer the W3 over the W4, doesn't make it "better".

But It's great to hear more thoughts about these great IEMs! 
gs1000.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #2,029 of 2,224
Just advice: Maybe instead of deciding one is "better", maybe just give reasons as to why you prefer one.

Just because I prefer the W3 over the W4, doesn't make it "better".

But It's great to hear more thoughts about these great IEMs! :gs1000smile:

You're right but I've been browsing this forum for a while and it's pretty one sided when it comes to people's opinions to which is the better iem between the two. Although you're right that still doesn't make it better it just supports the theory that it is. Honda vs Toyota
I thought they were both pretty crappy to be honest...

Why? I'm actually curious.

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #2,033 of 2,224
Why? I'm actually curious.

Nah, I'm just joking, they're both decent IEM's, possibly a little over priced for their age now (even though they're being updated).

I just feel they could of done a little more personally, namely technical areas like detail, separation could be stronger, this really depend on what you've heard though. They both have a nice 'tone to them' but for my preferences they would need to lift the tonality a touch, remove the veil add a little more clarity/ clearness to the mid range. I think the Westone series stick to a safe signature that lean for protecting against fatigue, and ease fatigue they do as I could listen for a long time.

I know of two earphones I would take over both Westone 3 - 4 and cheaper. T-Peos H-200 hybrid ($250 USD) which I sold Westone 4  (and W4R) because I preferred H-200. And secondly the new comer, Dunu DN-1000 ($200 USD) 

Again, a lot of it's preference but I think we can do better for our money these days as technology moves forward.  :) 

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #2,037 of 2,224
  Well whenever I have a listen to the W3's, don't really feel the need for more clarity + other technical aspects. Just feels like a really natural listening experience

Then you're set for life. Just don't listen to 1Plus2 or RDB Mini  and everything will be fine. 
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #2,040 of 2,224
How?  Doesn't it depend what he's looking for?  W3 has much more bass qty and is crisper and more coherent sounding.  W4 has much better midrange.

im not a person who loves his bass to be so high,but not flat as well, and plus im a midrange high person, so the W40 seems to be my approaach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back