Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,816 of 2,224
Virgopunk - To me it's not a negative at all.  The midrange is just set back a little versus a Shure IEM, though.  We must keep in mind it has a dedicated midrange driver with a 3-way crossover so the midrange is certainly present.

I love the W3.  So fun and such a big bold spacious sound with exceptional detail and clarity and a large soundstage.  It's like wearing headphones.....  Still my favorite Westone universal.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,817 of 2,224
Finally received the right sized Comply tips and...Wow! What a difference they make to the sound compared to the silicons. I'm glad I made the leap from my IE8 (which I still hold a lot of love for 
redface.gif
).

Looking forward to trying them with my BioScienceGeek 18v CMoy when it gets here.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,819 of 2,224
$250 for the W3 seems a little high for liquidating stock to make way for the W30 though. There were a few places recently where you could pick up the W3 for $205 brand new, without tax or shipping costs. Either way these are certainly much cheaper and less risky than getting the IE80 (in the sense that you don't really have to worry about counterfeit Westone's AFAIK), while retaining a similar fun sound signature.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,820 of 2,224
$250 for the W3 seems a little high for liquidating stock to make way for the W30 though. There were a few places recently where you could pick up the W3 for $205 brand new, without tax or shipping costs. Either way these are certainly much cheaper and less risky than getting the IE80 (in the sense that you don't really have to worry about counterfeit Westone's AFAIK), while retaining a similar fun sound signature.

Authorized dealers? They always cost more than other places. Sure, you can probably find it cheaper - but you might be out of luck with warranty service.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,822 of 2,224
  Finally received the right sized Comply tips and...Wow! What a difference they make to the sound compared to the silicons. I'm glad I made the leap from my IE8 (which I still hold a lot of love for 
redface.gif
).

Looking forward to trying them with my BioScienceGeek 18v CMoy when it gets here.

Hi, where did you ordered the comply tips?

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,823 of 2,224
I ordered directly from Comply. There on-line store is competitive and shipping to the UK has taken only 5 days each of the three times I ordered. Just make sure you get the right size (maybe worth always going large). I ordered mediums for my W3s based on the mediums I'd used on my IE8 and they turned out to be too smaller. Cue new order and a small amount of cursing 
mad.gif

On the Comply site you can specify whether you want a 3 pack or 5 pack and either red, blue, platinum or black.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #1,824 of 2,224
  I ordered directly from Comply. There on-line store is competitive and shipping to the UK has taken only 5 days each of the three times I ordered. Just make sure you get the right size (maybe worth always going large). I ordered mediums for my W3s based on the mediums I'd used on my IE8 and they turned out to be too smaller. Cue new order and a small amount of cursing 
mad.gif

On the Comply site you can specify whether you want a 3 pack or 5 pack and either red, blue, platinum or black.

Thanks for the info!

I think something changed with the standard sizes of Westone 3 foam tips. When I bought my Westones about three years ago, the biggest foam tips appeared to be the right size for me. Now I've bought W3 again (as my Westones got lost) and the biggest foam tip's size seems too big for me. I will probably need to go with a medium size. I wonder if Comply tips' sizes refer to the 'old' Westone standard sizes or new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back