Westone 3 and amp?which?
Feb 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #16 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to get for best one . You will wait for iQube V2 for DAC in April....

iQube is probably the best portable amp out now but it is almost twice as big as Predator or Pico.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #17 of 75
thanx for helping
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #18 of 75
I personally think that the Pico is better with the W3 than those of RSA.
The cold, analytical sound of the Pico matches the dark sound of W3 better. I think RSA's amps are quite bassy and all warm, which are all the characteristics of the W3. We need something different to complement the W3.

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iQube is probably the best portable amp out now but it is almost twice as big as Predator or Pico.

i'm afraid i'll have to disagree with that, but thats why we have a forum no?

(i didnt like it because it was too lean and flat; its like the music was eminating from a wide wide plane, not a stage)

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #20 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think that the Pico is better with the W3 than those of RSA.
The cold, analytical sound of the Pico matches the dark sound of W3 better. I think RSA's amps are quite bassy and all warm, which are all the characteristics of the W3. We need something different to complement the W3.

I guess I have to spend more QT with the Pico again.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #23 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even better than SR-71A?

Not neccessarily better. They all sound different to me.
Synergy is the key here.
I'd say the Pico+SE530/W3 will be better than SR71+SE530/W3.
Meanwhile, the SR71+ER4p/s is better than Pico+ER4p/s.

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #24 of 75
another vote for the pico here, the pico does indeed sound great with W3 or SE530, but if you are committed to the best portable sound around, then lisa III is the one you want. must be dedicated though
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #30 of 75
I have Westone 3 and I own a really ancient Total Bithead, a Nuforce Icon Mobile and just received a fresh RSA P-51 Mustang and can easily vouch for the Mustang over the Icon Mobile, which in turn I can ABSOLUTELY recommend over the Total Bithead (but mine is a much older Total Bithead that may not even be in fair condition for comparison anymore).

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back