Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Jan 26, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #167 of 441
That's about right price-wise, since they are $249 and you can get them from Earphonesolutions with a 15 percent discount, I believe. So that would be $229. And the vendor has a high rating, and decent volume. But again, the warranty is the issue. I would check with Westone. For $14, if in doubt, get them from Earphonesolutions.

Hey, a Philly person.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #168 of 441
Oh, I didn't know about the 15% off from Earphone Solutions. I would definitely want the warranty for just $15 more.

Haha yeah, I guess you could consider me a Philly person, though I'm really only a student in Philly.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #172 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they would be sweet customs. I have the UM56 sleeves, and anyone who loves the W2s would be advised to at least get custom tips, which cost more than a reshell (minus new cable), but offer a great compromise and tremendous fit.

Do you have any problems with the tips falling off?
Right now I am using the comply's and they seem to sound ok with little "thump" when I walk (important to me). But unless I insert them just right, making sure the nozzle is pointing into my ear canal, they sound very dark and almost muddy. The clear silicon sound much better but with a less bass, more comfortable but isolate less and doesn't seem 100% secure in my left ear.
Also, how is the isolation compared to the comply's?

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #173 of 441
Ben, I was in the same boat - the single flange tips sounded great, but did not seal enough to fully deliver the bass these are capable of. With my 2s I ended up "modding" them to get the soft grey silicones to insert a little deeper.

I turned one of the clear tips that came in the package inside out and used a razor blade to cut a small section of the tube off (less than 1 mm I would estimate). I then slipped this little sliver onto the stem of the earphones, then slid the eartip on, effectively lengthening the sound tube. I have been using them this way for a few days, and really prefer the clarity compared to the complys.

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #174 of 441
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #175 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any problems with the tips falling off?
Right now I am using the comply's and they seem to sound ok with little "thump" when I walk (important to me). But unless I insert them just right, making sure the nozzle is pointing into my ear canal, they sound very dark and almost muddy. The clear silicon sound much better but with a less bass, more comfortable but isolate less and doesn't seem 100% secure in my left ear.
Also, how is the isolation compared to the comply's?

You mean the customs? No. I did have a problem with the UM56s slipping off on the UM3X, but not on the W2s. No idea why. I think the W2 stem is a little thicker, but not much. All I can say is with the UM56s, the W2s are amazing phones, esp paired with the Sony X and a little EQing.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #177 of 441
Is it just me or does the comply tips harden when the weather is cold? (cold meaning under -5 degrees celsius)

oh, and I just want to say that I'm really looking forward to HPA's review considering he's taking a while to write it. I keep checking this thread every couple of hours to see if he posted it yet or not
smily_headphones1.gif
...and this is why i fail exams =p

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #179 of 441
hey guys, a really dumb question since I couldn't find anything on the internet and don't want to read through 12 pages, is the cable repleaceable and if so would the ES cable work? I'm considering getting one because unamped UE TF 10's recessed mid kills a lot of my music in lower volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back