Western NY mini-meet, Aug 11th
Jul 26, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's starting to look like many are dropping off. Is it possible to find a date that'll work better for all the folks not able to make it the 11th?

Yeah, if it wasn't my daughter's Birthday I would be there!

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #34 of 47
the Meet is this Saturday! I've got 3 confirmed people and 1 unconfirmed plus myself. There is room for more people if you can make it, and if not we'll have a great time without you!
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #38 of 47
well fierce freak let me know yesterday that he couldn't get off work like he had anticipated, my buddy from Houghton let my wife know today that he probably wouldn't be able to make it because he had too much on his plate and flashnolan let me know a couple hours ago that he was called this evening and has a job interview tomorrow so he can't make it. Which is all sad, but hopefully flash will get a job offer out of the deal. So, I called Chuck and told him that he could still come, but no one else could make it.

So, it looks like the meet isn't going to happen after all.

I still would like to get a local meet going so maybe we can get some suggestions as to dates that would work for more people.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, Sundays work the best (I work Tues-Sat, 4-midnight). I'd really love to have another meet, so I hope we can work out a good date.

I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking Saturday so that people who needed to drive could still make church in the morning, but if we started at say 2 instead of 1 that should accommodate everyone wouldn't it?

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well fierce freak let me know yesterday that he couldn't get off work like he had anticipated, my buddy from Houghton let my wife know today that he probably wouldn't be able to make it because he had too much on his plate and flashnolan let me know a couple hours ago that he was called this evening and has a job interview tomorrow so he can't make it. Which is all sad, but hopefully flash will get a job offer out of the deal. So, I called Chuck and told him that he could still come, but no one else could make it.

So, it looks like the meet isn't going to happen after all.

I still would like to get a local meet going so maybe we can get some suggestions as to dates that would work for more people.

I did get the job. How did the meet go?

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did get the job. How did the meet go?

congrats! It didn't. lol, it was just a bad weekend for everyone involved. Gabe got backed up at work and couldn't make it, Chuck's Grandma ended up in the hospital, James had to work, you got the interview... and then something came up for me too so I actually ended up out of town on that day anyway. LOL. funny how those things work out isn't it?

I would still like to get a meet going sometime though! we'll have to come up with a better date

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaillerPhong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a few miles down the road here in Alfred, Soloz2. I'd be interested in coming to any future meet in the area.

I added you to my master list, which now is 12 people long. I think I'm missing 1 or 2 people too... :-/ plus a couple people I know who aren't members, but would still enjoy a meet.

I'd like to get together sometime this fall. I'm also considering making the trek to the NYC meet Info Here but don't think I want to head 5 hours by myself since my wife can't attend. I'm also trying to watch miles... cause I need to watch the $ that goes out and gas, and car maintenance is hefty these days. but if one or two other people wanted to go we could all carpool and it wouldn't cost much for each of us.

But yeah, if there is a date that works for you, or anyone else that matter let me know and we'll try to find a date that will be good for lots of people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back