Western NY mini-meet, Aug 11th
Jul 9, 2007 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

soloz2

Headphoneus Supremus
I would like to host a mini-meet at my new place one weekend in mid-late Aug. I know there are a few Western NY guys on head-fi, and the drive wouldn't be very far at all. Others would be welcome to come as well if they are up for a bit of a drive.

I live in Fillmore NY, it's about an hour south of either Buffalo or Rochester.

I'm thinking a bring your own meat BBQ on a Saturday would be in order. A great time to get to know one another and to listen to some gear.

I don't have a huge place, but it's large enough to get a few of us together.

if this works out, wives/significant others would be welcome to come as well, and they could hang out together.

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 47
Sounds great. It would be a 3 hour 15 min+ drive for me but I would love to come.

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 47
My wife and I just drove up to Toronto on Sat. for a meet, it took us about 3 and a half hours to get there, but we stopped to pick up Jason on the way.

Once I get my master list of Western NY Head-Fi'ers I'll send out a PM to all the locals

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 47
that'd be easy as pie, 2.5-3.5hr depending on when I go and if I have to pick up Jay
tongue.gif
I'm interested!

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 47
Sounds great. Maybe by then I'll have a few more goodies to bring. I'll bring some White Hots. Music and the dogs..........

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely like to attend although I would need a ride to soloz2's place. (I live about 1.5 hour from Fillmore, in Canandaigua, NY 14424).

No problem buddy. Your just down the road from me.

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 47
It's a zip code in the US, silly! Also, I can't make the 18th, but don't just make that call on me.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can i get the postal code please?

Might me interested
wink.gif

Fillmore NY 14735

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a zip code in the US, silly! Also, I can't make the 18th, but don't just make that call on me.

well so far you're the only one who has said one way or the other and my calendar is empty both weekends. The weekend before is Kingdom Bound, and I'll be up there, and looking at the calendar the 25th might be an option for me as well. I just emailed my wife. I thought she had a visit day for work (works at a college... that's university for all you canadians) but it appears the visit day is the 31st.

Oh, and I will be inviting all the locals. So far here is who is on the list I have complied:
AudioNoob - Rochester
nysulli – Buffalo/Rochester
sjt78 – Amherst
Tom L – Rochester
jamesp – Amherst
fierce_freak – Salamanca
OneMalt – Buffalo
Pete7 – Holley
Mher6 – Canandaigua
Soloz2 - Fillmore
lextek - Farmington

Please let me know if I missed anyone. And I do not intend to PM everyone from the Toronto meet, but that doesn't mean you aren't invited!
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #13 of 47
Alright, I heard back from my wife and it looks like the 11th will work best for those who have responded thus far so we will tentatively plan on that.

I have sent a PM to all the Western NY people I know of. Here is a copy of what I sent out:

Hello friends. I would like to invite you to a Western NY mini-meet at my apartment in Fillmore NY, 14735. The meet will be held on the afternoon of Saturday August 11th. My wife and I would like to invite wives/significant others as well. The girls can all hang out while us guys listen to music.

We were thinking that a bring your own meat BBQ would be a fun way to get to know each other and listen to some gear. Space is limited and so far there has bee quite a bit of interest so please let me know if you think you can or can’t make it.

I posted an interest check thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=1#post3106816

Users who are viewing this thread

Back