Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
May 25, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #842 of 1,022
I love the Empyrean on the Milo for the bass heavy music. I only like the 1266 TC and Empyrean and I've tired just about every planar. I use to love the T+A Solitaire P but something with my head or ear shape I loose bass vibration in one side, so it's not listenable when that happens with all my music. If that bass issue didn't happen I'd have three planar headphones instead of two.

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #844 of 1,022
Milo in the house! So far, it sounds great. Loving my Empyreans with the amp. Will explore more with the LCD4, HE1000v2, and other cans later...
What made you go Milo?

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #845 of 1,022
What made you go Milo?
You know, I'm not sure. I've been looking at different solid state amps for a while to compliment my Woo WA22, and at some point the Milo suddenly seemed to be the right choice. Or one good choice. Liked what I read, and saw. And I'm partial to smaller but passionate and expert companies with an individualistic ethos or flair.

Question: leave the amp always on, or on only when in use?

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #847 of 1,022
You know, I'm not sure. I've been looking at different solid state amps for a while to compliment my Woo WA22, and at some point the Milo suddenly seemed to be the right choice. Or one good choice. Liked what I read, and saw. And I'm partial to smaller but passionate and expert companies with an individualistic ethos or flair.

Question: leave the amp always on, or on only when in use?
Only when in use.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #849 of 1,022
this was posted on another forum I frequent:
“Time you learned about Wells Audio Dragon. Stomps your silly mini and others in the price range. The level 1 has 1/2 amp of current and 5 watts. It’s a hybrid that use 12bh7 or 6dj8. I have level 3 and stomps WA33.

c8e77d42570a4af6f9c5ff495287adcaf2088a53.jpeg

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #850 of 1,022
Anyway love to get feedback from level 1 and 2 owners here when you get time with the unit specifically on how it pairs with 1266 phi tc susvara and HE6 se.

currently looking at Volot, niimbus us4, and vio v550 as options.

I hope that people feel enabled to post honest feedback here because I’d like to get passed any fanboyism or Perhaps pressure from the manufacturer to post glowing reviews.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #851 of 1,022
Wait for the Dragon to hopefully show up at SoCal.

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #852 of 1,022
I decided to put back the Milo as my 2nd amp for my office and bring it down to my main station in the basement. I will go back to Dragon later but first if the Milo is all I need then stay here and see about upgrades. I am looking for that bloom that the reference had so better be there. Dragon is actually more powerful and super black back ground no his or hum with any headphone only draw is less bass impact with the level 1 so you need to up it for that deep impact slam that sounds weighty.

Oct 2, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #853 of 1,022
Still really enjoying the Milo here. My source is still primarily CD's, with the very fine Rega Saturn-R, and Exposure XMCD as back-up/alternate set-up. My three main headphones: Meze Empyrean, LCD4, and HE1000SE (with some Schiit equalization). Lovely with the Milo. Of course, I think about bigger and better down the road ("Welcome to Head-Fi...") but I'm good for now. Especially with a newborn in the house.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #854 of 1,022
Quick question guys,
Which one suits Diana V2 best? Milo or GS-X Mini?

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #855 of 1,022
Quick question guys,
Which one suits Diana V2 best? Milo or GS-X Mini?
Milo has a bass bloom which would benefit you as Diana is bit bass shy in lower octaves. So more pronounced sub bass and mid bass. Your also getting hell of lot more power on the Milo vs mini. I had the mini and Diana and wasn't happy till I found the Milo. Milo has a more tube sound which will add holographic sound scape which mini does not do. Also mini is made by a robot Justin ain't soldering little resistors and most he could are the bigger components. The components in Milo are higher grade and all down by hand. Traces on the Milo are larger allowing more current to pass to each component. Milo is a warm with top end sparkle. Mini straight solid state might as well save money and get a Flux if you don't want flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back