Well I quit !
Feb 19, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 40
Thinking back, this reminds me I had a post deleted once, I'd forgotten about it.. I used to mod on IRC a long time ago, and you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. You just can't win. But it's just a forum after all.. I kinda liken it to a chat down the pub. Once in a while people disagree.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 40
I hope you will reconsider. You'll be missed.
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 40
With all the crap I've thrown at the moderators around here in various forms I find it odd that I'm still here, whether complaining about the ads (twice, Jude probably remembers...) or complaining about a locked thread or something. Whatever. I'm a wiser person now for just sucking it up (or getting slapped across the face via PM
wink.gif
) and moving on. The fact is, there are rules, and if nobody was here to enforce them, our forum would be even more crapped up than it already is with stupid threads like this one. As far as I'm concerned, if you see a perfectly legitimate reason for a thread to stay open (rare), then you should PM the mod in question and ASK why it was closed. Don't make threads like this questioning it because you're only going to come out of it looking worse.

The problem with the approach you're taking right now is that in a month when you decide that you're over this situation and want to post again, you're going to have this to deal with. Your leaving is not going to fix anything or change anyone's mind. I could say that in many worse ways, but I'm trying to be gracious because I don't want to see you go for the wrong reasons.

Take a walk outside and think this over. I can definitely say this is my favorite internet forum without reserve, and I can't imagine leaving it for the reasons you're referring to.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #20 of 40
One time I got my sig deleted by a mod with a PM warning. I actually thought it was kind of funny because I think he missed the joke
tongue.gif
It was a bit of a shame though, because I'd gotten PMs from people saying that they liked it. Oh well, that's my random story for this thread.

edit: oh yeah, and a post in one of the ad threads. that's about the extent of my interaction with mods on Head-fi
tongue.gif

edit 2: random question: Why are some threads locked and others deleted?

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen an alarming amount of censorship on this community - I find this quite depressing. A thread I posted today questioning Mod behavior was deleted and this is far from the first time that fairly innocuous threads have been disappeared by unilateral mod action.

Sadly I feel I have no option but to quit this forum, this is a shame as I have enjoyed my time in this community here (since 2004) and have had contact with several members and engaged in a lot of lively yet good natured debate, and I have received a lot of good advice.

There are a lot of interesting folks here and a great interchange of perspectives that have made this a rich experience for me - on the whole.

So long and all the best to everyone and thanks to Jude for all the hard work he has put in in making this community successful.

Cheers.

Don't leave!I my self have been snubbed,and some of my post deleted also.
I agree I have ruffled some feathers just having some fun,trying to get some post more interesting.The majority of moderators are nice,and tolerant people.We are only guest here,and the purpose is comeraderie ,and HI-Fi,and helping others.I havent read your post yet,but I'm sure you have contributed a lot of good things.I'm sure you are appreciated by many fellow Head=Fi'ers.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't leave! I my self have been snubbed,and some of my post deleted also. I agree I have ruffled some feathers just having some fun, trying to get some post more interesting. The majority of moderators are nice,and tolerant people. We are only guest here, and the purpose is comeraderie, and HI-Fi, and helping others. I havent read your post yet, but I'm sure you have contributed a lot of good things. I'm sure you are appreciated by many fellow Head-Fi'ers.

that's the spirit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #30 of 40
It would be a pity if you did decide to leave , hciman77. I often find your posts to be particularly insightful and helpful....as others have already said , perhaps you should reconsider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back