Well I Just Ordered the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Earphones!
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered myself a birthday present for myself yesterday from J&R Music World in NYC and it was the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Hi End Zirconia Headphones .. .

I had my eyes on these for years actually but they were too expensive for me to get but finally got them from J&R for $87 (includes tax and free ground shipping). Should receive them by next week.

I guess the Zirconia hype sucked, the removeable cables and slogan where it says should last a lifetime really got to me.

Anyway I never heard a Panasonic earphone in my life I just hope I like the sound.

One thing I learned here on headfi since I was reading up on these phones is that everybodys hearing is different and our experiences with previous headphones and our expectations can make alot of people experience the same headphones different ways.

I just hope I like the sound quality. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 17
Awesome! Congratulations on your new headphone -- soon anyway...

What do you mean Zirconia hype? As in SQ? Well, at least it's crazy durable...

I'll be glad to hear your impressions after they arrive. Keep us posted!

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 17
What i meant to say is the durability of Zirconia offers a scratchproof, ultra-tough construction   and dand
and is touted as having less resonance than aluminum.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
What i meant to say is the durability of Zirconia offers a scratchproof, ultra-tough construction   and dand
and is touted as having less resonance than aluminum.

Susposely it's susposed to be used into jet engines, anyhow sound wise im anticipating
, the sound as well.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 17
The one thing I'm confused on is what size the drivers are... All press releases and so forth say the drivers are 12.5mm, but AudioCubes say they are 8.5mm... 

Oct 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Happy belated birthday. I hope you like them as much as I do. I got the CZs a few weeks ago from JR and they are quickly becoming my favorite phones, behind my trustworthy Senn HD280s (8+ years and running better than ever!) and thus far dissappointing, ATH-AD700s.

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 17

Thank You So Much for noticing my birthday October 16. I appreciate it. Okay here we go sadly i didn't get to try the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Earphones because i found out right before opening the package, I found this out:

J&R Return/Exchange Policy concerning earphones:

Quote:
 For health reasons, in-ear headphones and some personal care items that have been opened may only be exchanged if defective and for the same item.   

I wish I could've tried them but if i didn't like them I would've been stuck with them J&R wouldn't have refunded me the $87 dollars I paid for them. So I mailed them back.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 17
Say wha!!! You sent them back after ordering them for no reason? Why did you buy them if you didnt plan on keeping them? Did you just plan to take advantage of the retailer and use them as a tester? I must not understand. Oh well, its your business anyhow. But then again, I suspect Im confused and didnt read this thread properly.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #10 of 17
I didn't open the package to try them or else if i didn't like them i would've been stuck with them.

I'm just sorry i wasn't anymore careful with my purchases.

I read too many negatives about the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Earphones  on this forum and i don't have alot of money to keep purchasing earphones so i just want one that will fit my criteria.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
I didn't open the package to try them or else if i didn't like them i would've been stuck with them.

I read too many negatives about the Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Earphones  on this forum and i don't have alot of money to keep purchasing earphones so i just want one that will fit my criteria.

Remember, only YOUR ears can tell you if an IEM or headphone is for you.  Take everything you read with a grain of salt, good, bad or otherwise.  Everyone hears differently and you should never (solely) rely on others opinions.  It's a shame you didn't get to hear them for yourself.  They really are special.  If nothing more, you would have had a solid reference point going forward.  Even if you didn't like them, you could have used your experience as a tool for future purchases.  When you find others who hear a particular IEM the same way you do, you can put more weight on their reviews and impressions.  It's more about trial and error than anything, but you need a common ground (or popular IEM) to start from.  As a bonus, you can usually recoup most of your purchase price by selling your gear here in the For Sale forum.  Best of luck on your future purchases..

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 17
Well if you read only you will find a total of 0 earphones that have 100% positives. It's about trying the gear not reading.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 17
My impressions with the overall population that tried these were more positives and negatives.   Hell, I could have swore there is a poll on this one...

Its so strange you would get something and send it back without even trying them on.   Its like saying you trust what strangers tells you rather than your own ears...  but that's just me and my opinion.  No offense.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 17
It seems Starsky just kept thinking about how much he spent on them and got cold feet.

Perhaps a more budget orientated pair would be something you're more comfortable with, Starsky? But, as others have echoed, there is no earphone with a 100% track record. If there is, you've been misled.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:

Where did you read the negative reviews....just curious? Most people say there heavy, some say they want more isolation, and a few ask where is the bass(Me), and then find out is was there all along/burn-in/tip switching. So what was it that you seen, or heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back