Well, hello there W5000.
May 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #16 of 16

Quote:
With my W5000's the clamping "issue" resolved quickly with just some gentle bending of the metal band. By bending inwards closer to the cups the clamping pressure increased just that little bit I was missing.
Since then no issues.

Figured it would be better bumping an old thread rather than making a new one. I've done this somewhat, and even been quite assertive with the bending and they've clamped up a little. I do it everytime I wear them: take them our of their little case (getting a stand custom made for these) hold back the wings, and bring the cups together by pressing the left and right sides of the bands together. Anyone have any other tips?

I was considering putting tubing under the pads to help the cups feel closer, and I'm aware this changes the sound of the cans. Do you think this would help them feel more clamped? They're incredibly light- more so than my 700s- and I just want them to feel a little more secure.

Another comment, I too was surpised with how the wood felt. I was expecting somewhat more of a heft to them, not that I'm complaining. I plan on lightly waxing them with no abrasive very rarely, just to keep them alive and healthy. I'm too nervous about losing the lettering. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back