Well balanced, detailed, versatile IEM
Feb 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #76 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by true blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, thanks everyone (especially mvw2) for the help. I think I'm going to get the CK10, it looks like it meets all of my requirements well. But I haven't pulled the trigger yet just in case someone has a final recommendation, or something bad to say about the CK10s.

Well, I admit not having read the whole thread, but looking at your first post makes me wonder how you ended up going for the CK10
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by true blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Good separation and soundstage is a MUST. I want to be able to sense where things are very precisely. Soundstage should be a good size, like sitting in the 4th row at a concert.

CK10 has average soundstage depth at best, more like 1st row than 4th row IMO.

- I don't like bright sound/excessive treble sparkle (though that doesn't mean I like rolled off treble, I just want good treble extension).

CK10 has bright sound/excessive treble sparkle compared to most IEMs I've heard.

- Good comfort, good isolation, and light microphonics.

This is true for the CK10.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #77 of 83
There you go. I can picture trueblue's brain spinning in his skull and starting to fume

EDIT
Seriously, just get he pr1pro for a start (cheap enough) and based on how you appreciate its sound signature, you'll be able to determine what kind of sound would be best for your taste. James and joker own them along with many other IEMs so they could probably advise you an IEM that would fit you best if you tell them what you would like your next phones to bring compared to the Cyclone. And beleive me even if you get a higher end IEM in the end you wont regret having them, for different uses (like gym or other dangerous for IEMs activities) or just to have a different sound signature to fall back on for a change. I also suspect you might even not want to go any further from them once you've heard them (provided you manage to get the perfect fit)
Like i said earlier, they do seem to tick all of your boxes.... Are they just not expensive enough for you? Try RE252 then

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #78 of 83
^ I reckon so, and I'm sorry for him/her. But then again, better safe than sorry...
I second the opinion that the CK10s are excellent IEMs, but it seems to me they're becoming the cure-all recommendation these days.

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #79 of 83
Hehe, no, I'm not confused.

Thanks for giving your thoughts about it, james444. I was basing my decision of joker's post. You two seem to have different opinions about it. joker calls them balanced and neutral, says the soundstage is above average with better depth than the RE0 and PFE. Also doesn't mention anything about excessive treble sparkle.

daouda, I stopped considering the PR1 because I hate j-cords.

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #80 of 83
^ Don't doubt that, but looking at Joker's top rated IEMs it's obvious he strongly prefers neutral/analytical phones. RE0 and PFE are not exactly famous for soundstage. Not meaning to contradict you, just saying that "average" depends a lot upon the other phones you've heard and how you rate them.

Let me say it once again, the CK10 are excellent IEMs, but from your checklist I'd never recommend them.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #81 of 83
I guess soundstage is a bit harder to determine. I like the soundstage on the CK10 but then again coming from RE0 isnt exactly saying much in terms of soundstage. I never really thought about that before.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #82 of 83
Quote:

saying that "average" depends a lot upon the other phones you've heard and how you rate them

That's true. Still, I feel like getting them. They're getting almost universal praise, and seem to meet all of my requirements except for the soundstage size. But I value instrument separation more anyway. Besides, I can't have everything I want, can I?

How about your thoughts on the TF10? That was my second choice.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #83 of 83
I did order the CK10 recent, although I don't have it yet. I'll say it has been one that has been touted for some time and at the $200 limit may be one of the better options available. If it fits your particular goals, I don't know.

Everything you want is the end goal. There will be a product that fits it very closely. The hard part is finding that product. It tends to be a lot of trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back