Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #196 of 475
You guys are all thinking small.  Jason said to expect something no one expects.  I predict it will be something as ground breaking as Yggdrasil, but in a completely different area.  What it might be I don't know, but it will be interesting to watch and see. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #197 of 475
Since all we can do while waiting is theorize, I'll participate.  One thing that Jason and Mike both hate is USB implementation.  They've begrudgingly dealt with offering the feature strictly because of the demand of USB and how universal it is.  But they can stand it....

What's a typical head-fi digital to analog chain?

Computer/server/tablet -> USB -> DAC -> interconnects -> amplification

Well, how does one eliminate USB?  Easy, by combining the source and DAC in to one device...

Sony and others have something like this. (This is the Sony HAP-Z1ES)  Maybe Schiit wants in this area, and maybe for less?  And help take the USB jitters out of the chain....

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #199 of 475
Admittedly, I am just waiting for the feeling of anticipation to be over, and seeing their new products. It feels like waiting for a shinny new toy that is slow on shipping.
Weather it is something I will buy or not, I am always excited to see and learn about something new.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #200 of 475
I would be surprised if balanced technology trickles down from mjolnir to any amp beneath it (or from Gungnir to any DAC beneath it). For some reason, I see them keeping it exclusive to mjolnir and ragnarok (and gungnir and yggy). I'm hoping that I'm wrong though.

I think the multi bit Gungir will be announced.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #201 of 475
Jul 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #202 of 475
Jul 28, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #203 of 475
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #204 of 475
  They've got the best DACs, they have great amps ...
But what about the SOURCE ?

What I would like is a NAS-like box (Media Server) that would be able to deal with my Terrabytes of FLAC and be able to stream the best possible USB to my Gungnir, without having to deal with jitter or ASIO drivers or whatever electrical pollution. And a nice android/iThing app to drive all this.

I would put some money on that, clearly.

An an upgrade of the Gungnir would be nice too, I confess.

Yeah!
Source like BDP player from bryston would be a nice thing :)
C'mon bring that schiit out guys
atsmile.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #205 of 475
They've got the best DACs, they have great amps ...
But what about the SOURCE ?

What I would like is a NAS-like box (Media Server) that would be able to deal with my Terrabytes of FLAC and be able to stream the best possible USB to my Gungnir, without having to deal with jitter or ASIO drivers or whatever electrical pollution. And a nice android/iThing app to drive all this.

In a Bifrost or Magni case! No storage necessary - get a cheap NAS.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #207 of 475

How About :

A)    Schiit making something to compete ( head to head ) with MSB's new $90,000 DAC?  

B)   A device to remove ( or filter out ) LED Lighting Noise?

or 

C)   A Schiit Branded Scotch Wiskey?    Something like the TRUMP bottles of Wine. 

Whatever it is, it better be smallish, there can't be much Square footage left in that 10,000.   Maybe you're doubling the building size. 

Tony in Michigan

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #208 of 475
An amp that plays uncompressed 4K videos. Let's call it "High (Def) as Schiit"

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #209 of 475

How About :

A)    Schiit making something to compete ( head to head ) with MSB's new $90,000 DAC?  

B)   A device to remove ( or filter out ) LED Lighting Noise?

or 

C)   A Schiit Branded Scotch Wiskey?    Something like the TRUMP bottles of Wine. 

Whatever it is, it better be smallish, there can't be much Square footage left in that 10,000.   Maybe you're doubling the building size. 

Tony in Michigan

Schiit Whisky? Good idea man!
I am first on waiting list. Anyone else?
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back