Welcome Monster "Turbine Challenge" Reviewers!
May 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #61 of 76
You can adopt a pen name, just go to change you name in setting and the option should be there. You can post in your original name of course.

May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #62 of 76
Hi everyone!

Reviews are looking good, and I believe almost everyone has posted somewhere within the Head-Fi public forum.  If not, please do so as soon as possible.  Later today we'll be creating a public Turbine Challenge thread and linking to each of your reviews.  Feel free to quickly post the link here as well so we can easily grab it for updating in the new thread.

On a slightly different note, reviews posted on MonsterCable.com can not be directly linked to, however Amazon.com reviews can.  Please shoot me a PM with a link to the Amazon review if possible.  If you used a different name for your MonsterCable.com review, letting me know what was used would be a big help as well.

And of course, let me know if you have any questions regarding the headphones or moving forward.

Cheers!

May 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #63 of 76
My Head-Fi link again:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553669/monster-challenge-review-turbine-pro-coppers-mobile-warning

EDIT:  Here's the Amazon Review Link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A185FGCP8YCQPA/ref=cm_pdp_rev_more?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R3BS65JYICQ2FI

The Monstercable.com Review is not yet accepted...

EDIT:  Here's my Monstercable Review Link:  http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5734&loadT=10

May 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #64 of 76
May 24, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #67 of 76
I sent some of the links to my posted reviews via PM, but I'll also include them here.

Here is my Amazon review
My Head-Fi review
And my Monster review has not posted yet.

Thanks again for letting me join the challenge - I was impressed by the sound quality of the Coppers and really enjoyed the review process. 

May 25, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #68 of 76
@kostalex...no pressure!  
bigsmile_face.gif

But...you were one of the first reviewers that I really paid attention to, so it has been an honor to be in this with you and ClieOS.

Very cool to look forward to your thoughts.

And, I have enjoyed the style and forthright approach of many of the other participants- my hat is off to all of you!

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #69 of 76
May 27, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #70 of 76
Oops, I can not post on Amazon - "you must have used this account to complete a purchase* of an item from Amazon.com". Sorry, I never bought from Amazon.

MTPC head-fi product page review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/monster-turbine-pro-copper-in-ear-headphones/reviews/5137.
Monster Cable site review is under the name kostalex.

@SoundMatters12:
What should I do with Amazon review? I may post a review under my friend account - is it OK?
I want to edit my review at Monster Cable site - is this possible?

Teaser:

Quote:
MTPC – a perfect IEM for “not so serious” audiophile

Conclusion first
From earphones I tried in $400 price range, MTPC is my favorite for use straight from mainstream DAPs, un-amped. MTPC strong and deep bass helps power-deficient portables to sound big, speakers-alike. Warm midrange makes digital sound livelier; highs are forgivable to MP3 artifacts. No need for deep insertion, ease of putting in and taking out make MTPC an excellent IEM for those “not so serious” audiophiles, who want both great sound and convenience.

Warning
With warmer source / amp, like multi-bit HM-602, MTPC yields in clarity and instruments separation to lean sounding competitors.

May 27, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #71 of 76
It was pressure indeed, but I appreciate your respect, thank you. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
@kostalex...no pressure!  
bigsmile_face.gif

But...you were one of the first reviewers that I really paid attention to, so it has been an honor to be in this with you and ClieOS.

Very cool to look forward to your thoughts.

May 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #73 of 76
@kostalex,  I really liked:
  1. the format that you used- it is clean, clear, nice length of important points as well as more complicated concepts
  2. the novel approach that you used to explain the bass on the MTPC- it does become "physical" or "visceral" (even if not as much as IE8) + benefits of the presentation
  3. source pairing- you don't put warm source/extra decay on top of already warm iems or could just be too "blurry" but can warm up cold/sterile/digital sources

You add new ways of thinking to your reviews that I do not see others give to Head-Fi.

I remember your comments in earbud reviews where you mentioned that an earbud might be good if it is "not too detailed" because it can distract you if you are working and need extra concentration.

At first I thought that could not possibly be a "good trait" but it is an interesting and actually practical aspect to notice...some phones are distracting for certain purposes.

So it was fun for me to read your "new" comments on bass:

MTPC bass is certainly emphasized but in a very wise manner: deeper is frequency – more is emphasis. This psychoacoustic trick works well with the headphones / earphones, because it partially compensates the loss of hearing sensitivity on lowest frequencies and absence of kinaesthetic perception of bass by human body. At the same time, such emphasis does not affect the midrange a lot (no “bass bleeding into midrange”). I like this, because:

• This fools the brain to “feel” the bass, giving the good body and scale to the sound. I agree with Monster when they call MTPC “In-Ear Speakers”.
  •  This also helps to listen on lower, safer volumes or to block ambient noise.
  • This lets to not wrestle with a perfect seal and deep uncomfortable fit.

Cheers again and please keep adding new ways to think about our phones!
beerchug.gif

May 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #74 of 76
Thanks, CEE TEE! English is not my native, so it is a real challenge to me describe any complex idea, like that you quoted.

May 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #75 of 76
Post #68 now has all three of my review links.  Boy, mine was certainly long...
redface.gif

BTW, I finally listened to my girlfriend's "regular" Turbines and they ARE SO NICE!!!

I bet my cousin would prefer the Coppers (gave him Turbines), but my girlfriend is probably in the right place with PK3 and Turbines.

The Turbines are really "connected" between the bass (less than Coppers by a good amount) and midrange plus they have JUST enough "not-peaky" and "connected" treble.

Very "natural-sounding" and that is not a euphemism for "rolled off" or "dull"...they just don't do anything wrong and are VERY pleasing.

The Coppers have the "bass slam" but at the expense of some balance and (I hate to use this word) "smoothness" throughout the range.

So, if any of you like my comparitive description- pick up some "regular" Turbines too if you have the chance...I got them for gifts in a special Amazon sale for $60!!!

(Now I want a pair.) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back