Welcome Monster "Turbine Challenge" Reviewers!
Apr 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 76
Mine is stuck in the custom office right now because of a missing invoice. I guess it is unlikely I will receive it this week.

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 76
I received my Golds yesterday.

Did anyone else have a strange issue with their super-tips being oddly greasy and stuck together out of their packaging? I gave them a wipe down (pretty gross) but some of the gel tips look deflated (sunken in) while some of the matching tips still look inflated. So far I've found the best fit off the smaller triple flange tip.

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #18 of 76
Mine weren't sticky or anything like that. A few of the larger silicone/gel ones (supertips?) have dimples in them that don't seem to go away until you stick them on the earpiece

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 76
I recieved my Gold's today, I haven't had time to check out many of the included tips yet but having so many is pretty good going, I haven't had any sticky ones of those i've tried. It was mentioned earlier in the thread the Coppers aim to replicate the recording perfectly, what's the official position on the Gold's? Also, any reason why you get two cases? Different purposes/places? They're both pretty nice.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 76
gold are the bass monsters. They may seem bloated right now; but it may go down with burn-in. Right now the mid-bass is so forward it doesn't let you hear those really low smooth bass.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #21 of 76
Infoseeker, are you happy with the small tip/over-the-ear style or are you still having trouble?  Let me know how this is going for you.  Everyone else, thanks for the updates on headphone shipments!

Quote:
Ditto, received my golds.

Right now it is a fight against tips and driver flex.
Driver flex is fairly obvious too. you push them in a little "Click click; no more noise" pull out and put back in and still no noise; repeat "CLONK; and noise returns" and I am not even trying to put them far in. I must have small ears too, because if I need to use the smallest non-shiny grey supertips to be able to push them further in for a fit that won't pop out over time. Not a supertip problem; more a headphone design I guess.

Yeah, either non of the supertips fit me; or the driver flex won't let me.

EDIT: After all it seems the only fit for me is with the small double-felange tips worn over-the-ear style; normal down way gives me the driver flex more easily. Over the ear is more forgiving to my head moving too.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #23 of 76
I know we discussed this a bit, Landis, but we're resending a new set of SuperTips your way.  Sounds like yours went through an oven on the way... should have you a new set next week.

Quote:
I received my Golds yesterday.

Did anyone else have a strange issue with their super-tips being oddly greasy and stuck together out of their packaging? I gave them a wipe down (pretty gross) but some of the gel tips look deflated (sunken in) while some of the matching tips still look inflated. So far I've found the best fit off the smaller triple flange tip.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #24 of 76
The Golds give a punchier bass experience, and more enhanced, warm overall sound.  As for the cases, no particular reason other than design and preference.. potentially slightly different uses or applications depending on what you like.  Glad you like 'em!

Quote:
I recieved my Gold's today, I haven't had time to check out many of the included tips yet but having so many is pretty good going, I haven't had any sticky ones of those i've tried. It was mentioned earlier in the thread the Coppers aim to replicate the recording perfectly, what's the official position on the Gold's? Also, any reason why you get two cases? Different purposes/places? They're both pretty nice.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #25 of 76

Quote:
Infoseeker, are you happy with the small tip/over-the-ear style or are you still having trouble?  Let me know how this is going for you.  Everyone else, thanks for the updates on headphone shipments!

The small silicon felange tips seems to be working fine; when worn with the cable over-the-ear and mouth open as I insert them. I can get them on quickly now; though I won't know how the IEMs sound with the other tips.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #26 of 76
Infoseeker, fair enough!  We find it pretty common that one or more style of tips don't do it for everyone, but glad to hear the silicon tips are working for you.  And obviously that's a good assessment to be made in the review, keeping in mind that the fit is very much a personal process and each reviewer may have a different experience.

Let me know if there is anything else in regard to fit that we can help you out with!

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 76
So far I've been really impressed with the Coppers.  Like some others, I'm having a bit of a time finding the right tips that make a good seal and are not too big.  I think this generally just is the issue with IEMs, and I'm happy that there are lots to choose from.  To note, are all the tips that are included in our boxes part of the regular product?  I ask because I think there was a sticker on the box and the communication I received made it sound like they were an add-on.  As for the sound, I've found these units to be quite accurate and precise across the spectrum.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #28 of 76
I have this issue, too...I am getting used to feel of hard customs and seal.  I think I try to jam the earpiece in too far and have this issue with the right side but not the left for some reason.

I brought it up to Soundmatters and he checked with Monster- they should be fine if the drivers "pops" back...I will do more listening this weekend.  He also said that should it be a real problem, Monster would stand by the Warranty and replace them.

I'll spend some time with them first!

Quote:
Ditto, received my golds.

Right now it is a fight against tips and driver flex.
Driver flex is fairly obvious too. you push them in a little "Click click; no more noise" pull out and put back in and still no noise; repeat "CLONK; and noise returns" and I am not even trying to put them far in. I must have small ears too, because if I need to use the smallest non-shiny grey supertips to be able to push them further in for a fit that won't pop out over time. Not a supertip problem; more a headphone design I guess.

Yeah, either non of the supertips fit me; or the driver flex won't let me.

EDIT: After all it seems the only fit for me is with the small double-felange tips worn over-the-ear style; normal down way gives me the driver flex more easily. Over the ear is more forgiving to my head moving too.

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 76

Quote:
gold are the bass monsters. They may seem bloated right now; but it may go down with burn-in. Right now the mid-bass is so forward it doesn't let you hear those really low smooth bass.

I've found comfort with the triple flange and found them most convenient to wear looped over my ear as well, but I don't find too much of a bloated bass even with the awesome seal I'm currently getting. I definitely had more of a bloated bass sound with the super-tips, but am really enjoying the sound and isolation with the smallest triple-flange.

I must say, I've really come to like the treble on these. I was listening to some Frank Sinatra on the bus the other morning and often times the treble from his jazz band can get shrill and far too bright on both IEMs and headphones, but I found these had the most likeable reproduction of that treble that I think I've heard yet!

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #30 of 76
Just wanted to chime in and say that I've received my Copper iems and have been auditioning them for about a week.  I'm surprised at how well they hold up against iems that cost much more and am so far impressed with their sound quality.  I'll post again with a formal review after comparing them to other iems and trying them out with different genres & sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back