Welcome Back to Head-Fi.org. I'm Sorry About the Extended Outage
Nov 26, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #302 of 353
Jude, any chance of the PM's being salvaged? That would be awful if they were lost for good.

Thanks,
~Drew

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #303 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jude, any chance of the PM's being salvaged? That would be awful if they were lost for good.

Thanks,
~Drew

Drew, I'm afraid not. The PM data that we were able to recover to this point is the best we could do, and we're sorry about that. If you had PM e-mail notifications turned on (which I suggest everyone should choose to do in User CP), then you will have been e-mailed with the full text of the PMs you receive (not send).

Also, in light of what happened, I would suggest that everyone download their PM's from time to time, which can be done in three different formats on the main PM page (.csv, .txt, .xml).

Again, we're sorry about that, Drew.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #304 of 353
Jude,
Thanks so much for getting the site back up, I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Anyhoo...
In case someone hasn't already brought it up, e-mail notifications for thread posts and PM's are not happening.
Todd R

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #305 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... In case someone hasn't already brought it up, e-mail notifications for thread posts and PM's are not happening.
Todd R

I'm getting both of those e-mail notifications. When we did a fresh re-install of vBulletin, all settings were reverted to default. Make sure you have your settings in User CP set to auto-subscribe you to threads that you participate in (if that's what you're referring to), and to e-mail-notify you of PMs.

If you're referring to all of the subscriptions you had prior to the outage, then, unfortunately, those were all lost (see my first post in this thread).

Thanks for coming back, man.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #307 of 353
Thanks to all for the tireless efforts to get head-fi up and running again!

That little notice about the 16GB of RAM not being enough really drove home how huge the rebuilding task would be, so I waited with great patience and understanding.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #308 of 353
I just want to thank you for all your effort on our behalf, especially over a holiday week (is your wife still talking to you?). I imagine with what was involved, many wouldn't have put the hours as you for a site that's not your business, but a hobby. It did not go unnoticed. It's nice to be back.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #309 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drew, I'm afraid not. The PM data that we were able to recover to this point is the best we could do, and we're sorry about that. If you had PM e-mail notifications turned on (which I suggest everyone should choose to do in User CP), then you will have been e-mailed with the full text of the PMs you receive (not send).

Again, we're sorry about that, Drew.

That's ok, you tried your best with what you had to work with, and that's all we can ask for.

Good luck with the rest, and thanks again to everyone working behind the scenes!

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #310 of 353
  1. I did not miss Head-Fi
  1. I did not feel sad
  1. I did not check a hundred times a day to see if it was back
  1. I did not suffer withdrawal symptoms
  1. I did not miss anyone
  1. I did not wonder what anyone was 'eating' 'drinking' or 'listening to' right now

I did not. . . oh, who am I kidding.

[size=large]YAY - it's back! [/size]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #311 of 353
Thanks Jude for all the hard work.

Now onto the conspiracy theory.

Who had the most to gain from this outage?
New Zune's with positive buzz released.

I think Steve Jobs must have been involved. How could it just be coincidence?

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #313 of 353
we can't thank you enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #314 of 353
Head-fi is back, my profile is still here. That's all I could ask for. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back