Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
Feb 26, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #61 of 255
this is mine with the added inside graphic. again - just velcro to pad it in, used tin snips to cut open the top and then primed/painted the exterior. I love it! Thx to whomever started this idea!

You can see the velcro lining the outside jsut as black along the edges...I wish my camera would decide to focus on the right stuff =/

http://www.adgloriam.net/altoid7.jpg

p.s. - it adds to the coolness factor that I'm listening to Lamb of God while doing this. hahahaha

Feb 26, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #62 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihilicide
http://www.adgloriam.net/altoid7.jpg

dead link dude
eek.gif

EDIT:
it works now
rolleyes.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #63 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihilicide
Thx to whomever started this idea!

Man, who did start this? I know it was on this forum but i was just an early follower, like only the 3rd or 4th person who made a custom tin. Who ever started this thing stand up and take some credit here, you had a great idea.
orphsmile.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #66 of 255
Here's my version of it... first attempt, so the tin is pretty hacked up
frown.gif

Haven't had a chance to get a pair of decent earphones... so still using the stock earbuds... figured i'd might as well keep them in good condition, so i made a custom case for them too
biggrin.gif

Found these foam packing material at work that fit perfectly!

J

Mar 8, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #67 of 255
as a point of note to those concerned with the heat generated byt a hdd player.

they generally only make appreciable heat when writing large files as transfered from a computer onto them.

take the player out of the case, transfer, wait to cool it off, and put it back.

Mar 10, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #68 of 255
k1000smile.gif
i used the case that came with the mp3 player for my lining. very smooth, doesn't hurt the micro, and has the logo! just some cutting and some simple sewing so the edges look good.
600smile.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #72 of 255
My daughter bought a bunch of PLAIN brushed silver containers that are exactly the same size as the altoid tins. If anyone is interested, I'll find out where she got them and post. I plan on using one for my black Zen that should be here next week....
eggosmile.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #74 of 255
SV400210.jpg

SV.jpg

S.jpg

SV400208.jpg

i made a hole instead of a huge square.....didn't have the tools....
that's why i need the strip of ribbon. to pull up the mp3 player out of the case
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back