Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
Mar 13, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #76 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
Interesting strap idea

I put a strap in the tin I made, but it was up and down and was a hassle because it put a slight bump under the player, and there's not much room to spare, not sure why I didn't think of side to side, I guess I'm a length man, not a width man.
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

So in other words, I'll scrap my strap, and 'borrow' your way.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #78 of 255
rlswim, thank you. Going through this thread I wondered if my Zen Micro would fit in a Penguin Mints case, and now I see it does, and perfectly. How did you attach the mint paper to the top of the case, though? Did you use double-sided tape or some sort of glue?

Mar 16, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #79 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prothall
rlswim, thank you. Going through this thread I wondered if my Zen Micro would fit in a Penguin Mints case, and now I see it does, and perfectly. How did you attach the mint paper to the top of the case, though? Did you use double-sided tape or some sort of glue?

I used some thin double-stick tape, but I have since removed it. When I would snap the lid shut, it would pause or trip one of the buttons, even though the tape was very thin. I think it might help to remove the bottom felt and put in something to prevent scratches on the bottom of the Zen, such as black electrical tape, or something similar. That would give the Zen a bit more space. I may try that soon. I'm also going to put something back on the inside of the lid, like a photo maybe. The inside of the tin is rather shiny and bugs me, especially when the sun reflects back and blinds me.
cool.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #80 of 255
Do you know those plastic slipcovers they make so you can laminate business cards? I was planning on getting one of those from my local copy shop and attaching it to the top of the case and see how that worked. It'd let me switch things out when I felt like it, and still be scratch-free plastic. And I won't have to worry much about the buttons, as I ordered a remote. They just went in the mail an hour ago...

Mar 16, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #81 of 255
I saw this mod on gizmodo, way back and when my friend decided to get a zen micro, I decided that I wanted to try this out. I used the self-sticking scrapbook foam to pad the case. I stole some ideas from other people on this forum, thanks for the help.

front.jpg

side.jpg

top.jpg

Obviously, my friend's name is Lauren
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #84 of 255
I have gotten a new type of tin and I am in the process of modding it. It looks like it is more sturdy than the altoids box and just might even be able to hold an extra battery if you have one.

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #87 of 255
Thanks, someone posted that site a few months back but i think that thread is long gone so if anyone is new there is that site, unfortunately the shipping kill it for me and many others. The price of a tin is 80 cents but shipping is 7.45

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #90 of 255
I don't think the idea of using Altoid tins is a new one at all. I have an uncle who keeps his camera in one, and has for some time; I can only assume he got the idea from someone else. I think people have been storing small, rectangular electronics in Altoids tins for about as long as small, rectangular electronics have existed. Before small cameras or cell phones or mp3 players, people may well have kept their minature tape recorders (not walkmen, the ones people used to record voices to tiny tapes) in them. The ancient Norse warriors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back