Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
Sep 24, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #212 of 255
wow do u have an altoids tin fetish or something, just kidding. they do have lots of uses. I use one for a zen micro case and one for a cmoy
icon10.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #213 of 255
same here. No the reason why i came up with those ideas were cause i just eat them and i decided i didnt want the big cans of them any more so now i have a zm case and belt clip case and memory case!

Oct 26, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #215 of 255
I'm looking into which mini-hdd mp3 player to buy and right now it's between the RIo Carbon Pearl and the Creative Zen Micro. All the horror stories of people going through 3 or 4 different Micros because of problems (mainly the loose headphone jack) has me a bit worried about gettin the Micro, which is the one i prefer.

So here's my question:
Do you guys think the Altoids case with just a drilled hole for the headphones (not a whole box cut out) would prevent the headphone jack problem? And has it happened to you guys yet?

TIA
~Sauga

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #216 of 255
I have had no headphone jack problems. At all. If you made the hole for the headphones the exact right size so that it firmly held the headphone cable it would take stress off of the jack in the player, but that would require some pretty exact measurements.

I'd definatly suggest the Micro of the Pearl, the ZM is awesome.

Also, the newer ZMs have reinforced headphone jacks I heard.

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #217 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
I have had no headphone jack problems. At all. If you made the hole for the headphones the exact right size so that it firmly held the headphone cable it would take stress off of the jack in the player, but that would require some pretty exact measurements.

I'd definatly suggest the Micro of the Pearl, the ZM is awesome.

Also, the newer ZMs have reinforced headphone jacks I heard.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I was leaning heavily towards the ZM, something about the way the Carbon looks......I dunno just doesn't look sexy like the ZM.

Oct 26, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #218 of 255
I have to say, the ZM is uber sexy. Also, people really think you're cool when you pull out your ZM altoid tin case. Everyone I've shown it to thinks it's either frigging awesome, way ghetto, or just plain original and cool. Great icebreaker too, you walk into the party, take it out to turn the ZM off and everyone goes 'what is that?'

icon10.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #220 of 255
I got my ZM replaced once and tech guy from creative told me new batch of ZM has the problem fixed, i.e. the headphone jack is no longer an issue. They apparently do things differently now so the jack does not break. Dunno, anyway mine works with no problem since the replacement a couple of months ago, no need for the cool,ice-breaking casing
icon10.gif
Or I am just too lazy

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #221 of 255
Well I got a ZM today from Future Shop, it was open-box so I got it discounted, and with the money saved I bought a 2 year extended warranty plan.

The first 5 hours with my ZM were awesome, I installed Nomad Explorer (not Mediasource, I didn't see the need), upgraded to firmware 2.20.05 and loaded almsot 3 gigs of music. The player is fully charged and works perfectly, but when I connect it to my computer I get the notice I usually get (the connet to HI-Speed USB since I'm using USB 1.1) so I know it connected, but then Wndows Explorer doesn't see it, WMP10 doesn't, and I cant do anything like change the firmware because it's not being recognized!!!!

Has anyone and this problem? And does anyone know of a solution?

EDIT: Uninstalled drivers and restarted comp, works like a charm now.

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #223 of 255
I recently purchased a used Zen Micro. It's an excellent DAP with all the features I need in a portable player. After searching the internet for hard cases I came across Head Fi. And now I submit my handi-work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #224 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetkc1
I recently purchased a used Zen Micro. It's an excellent DAP with all the features I need in a portable player. After searching the internet for hard cases I came across Head Fi. And now I submit my handi-work.

sweet stuff man. now build a nice cmoy amp in an altoids tin to go with it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back