wearing the e5
May 5, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzel
Does everyone actually have the cord running down their back?

Not me-- I have the cord running down in front-- it took a few minutes to get used to, but now I find it comfortable.

(To put the phones on it's actually more like the cord running up-- as I take the left and right cords/phones and run them up the respective sides of my face and behind my ears then curl the cords around my ears then fit the phones in my ears-- if that makes sense.)

May 5, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar
Which sleeves are you using? Are you getting a good seal? Is outside noise almost completely attenuated -- if someone stands 5 feet away from you and speaks to you at a normal conversational level, can you understand them without looking at their lips? Bass depends hugely on getting a good seal...a crappy seal and you will get almost none, an OK seal and you'll get OK bass, a great seal and you'll get great bass. If you're using the flex sleeves, try the foamies. If you're already using foamies, try a larger size of foamies. The foamies are more comfortable than flex sleeves IMO anyway.

using the tri-flanges right now. At first i found it difficult to get a good seal (let alone putting them on). After a couple days, its easier but still takes a bit of effort. Im pretty sure i have the seal right (i shove them in quite far and my GF freaks out when she sees me putting the triflange in my ear). I myself sometimes think if they are TOO far in, they sure feel it sometimes. I was using the ex71 before these so i know about how a good seal is ideal with canalphones. Dont get me wrong, these IS bass, but i crave for that lil bit more
smily_headphones1.gif

I still try to find ways to make wearing the e5s comfortable. generally, when i turn my head the cables tug
frown.gif
Im thinking about removing the memory cable like toaster, but scared of ruining the e5.

May 5, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Im pretty sure i have the seal right (i shove them in quite far and my GF freaks out when she sees me putting the triflange in my ear). I myself sometimes think if they are TOO far in, they sure feel it sometimes. Dont get me wrong, these IS bass, but i crave for that lil bit more
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides the seal you should also make sure you don't feel high (or low) pressure on your eardrums as that also ruins the sound. It's hard to get that right with silicon tips at first. With foamies on the other hand it's quite easy.

May 5, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
maybe the mini's output is not the same as the regular ipods...

i know some people have a regular and mini ipod...what's the deal?

bangra - you got e5's and both ipods right?

I have a 3G and the mini -- I have never noticed any difference in the sound out of the mini. Both the headphone out and the line-out of the miniPod sound pretty good. Stay away from the dock line-out -- I have had problems with ground noise on three of them and finally gave up trying to find one that sounded good. I am a Sik cable user 100% now.

If I motivate and decide to destroy the dock, I may crack it open and see what is causing the signal noise.

May 5, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
If I motivate and decide to destroy the dock, I may crack it open and see what is causing the signal noise.

The white, plastic top of the dock is held on the sides by hinges.. if you slip in a screw driver into the slot, you can pop them open pretty easily. You don't have to crack them at all.

May 6, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Im thinking about removing the memory cable like toaster, but scared of ruining the e5.

Do it...

you know the fingernail and nail clipper method right?

May 6, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello

Don't waste it, I'll take it off your hands for the shipping fee. You know you want to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back