Wearing Sennheiser IE8 Upside down = better isolation + fit!
Oct 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #136 of 144
Just got my IE8, and have been trying out different fits, and had to laugh when I found this thread. They actually fit me best when I wear them over-ear, but reverse them. I.e. wire up, but the R in the left ear and vice versa. They stick out a bit but this for me this gave the best sound, lol.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #137 of 144
The more open the ie8/the longer distance the nozzel is from your ear, the better the sound.

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #138 of 144
Cool stuff. I had to laugh when a friend tried the IE8s and said "The bass is rubbish!" ... try fitting them right!

Will try them upside-down, but I find cable up or down, wiring them "correctly" works fine. Maybe I have snug ears that accept any insertion :wink:

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #142 of 144
Woah, didn't know there was a thread just for this
etysmile.gif

I too have found it literally impossible to achieve a good seal wearing the IE8 the "normal" way. The right earpiece, in particular, after a while just slides out enough to ruin the seal - and the bass. I can get a good seal with foamies, but I never was a fan of foamies sound-wise. Also, fitting the Comply tips on the nozzle isn't easy.

Wearing the IE8 with the cable down is, inexplicably, just better for me - and I see I'm not alone, ha ha
biggrin.gif
I say inexplicably, because they go into my ears exactly the same way as wearing them over-the-ear. It's probably the angle of insertion that makes the difference.

But the funniest thing is, it's even better wearing them cable down but with the earpieces inverted - L in my right ear, and vice versa. It's aesthetically terrible, but the fit is solid!

If only Sennheiser made the earpiece like Westone's or Shure's. The UM2 is still the best-fitting IEM I've ever tried.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #144 of 144
Quote:

If only Sennheiser made the earpiece like Westone's or Shure's. The UM2 is still the best-fitting IEM I've ever tried.

I am the exact opposite - the IEM's I have tried with the Westone/Shure/Earsonics style body and nozzle (jellybean with a toothpick jammed into it) have never worked well for me - I can't get them in far enough to get a seal - I think the openings to my ear canal are too big - I find myself using the largest tips with my IE8's - if I use the large Comply - and pull them out - they are barely distorted. I now look at my customs and realize I have a weird bend that makes deep insertion difficult. I own the VC02's and cannot get them to go very deep and they are very small housings - so I use a large tip and shallow insertion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back