bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i just tried listening to my shure srh750dj headphones backwords and i have to say for some reason you really do notice a difference in sound quality or feel. it just sounds wrong.

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 26

Quote:
i just tried listening to my shure srh750dj headphones backwords and i have to say for some reason you really do notice a difference in sound quality or feel. it just sounds wrong.

...oh really now.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 26
its because i am listening to a song that is very angled to be listened to properly.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
It could be that the drivers are angled, so the drivers aren't aimed right anymore

Well the pads are perfectly circular, wouldn't make much sense for them not to make the pads angular as well, I guess.

Wait, are you agreeing with me or not? all the negatives are confusing me... Anyway, my M50s (with angled drivers) sound a little different backwards, and I've heard that ultrasones sound really weird backwards (maybe because of the s-logic stuff?)

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It could be that the drivers are angled, so the drivers aren't aimed right anymore

Well the pads are perfectly circular, wouldn't make much sense for them not to make the pads angular as well, I guess.

Wait, are you agreeing with me or not? all the negatives are confusing me... Anyway, my M50s (with angled drivers) sound a little different backwards, and I've heard that ultrasones sound really weird backwards (maybe because of the s-logic stuff?)

I'm saying that, unlike the M50, the SRH750 have circular pads. So, if like you said, the driver is angular, why not make the pads angular too? It just doesn't make much sense to me

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm saying that, unlike the M50, the SRH750 have circular pads. So, if like you said, the driver is angular, why not make the pads angular too? It just doesn't make much sense to me

No, having angled drivers has nothing to do with the shape of the earpads... what I mean is that if you take off the pads of the M50s for example, the driver is tilted slightly backwards to aim at your ear. If you wear it backwards, the driver points the other way, and so the sound changes. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "angled pads"... sure the M50s have oval pads, but they sit parallel to the housing, as I assume the SRH750s do

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 26
Thread title is really bugging me. It's backwards and forwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry_face.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
Thread title is really bugging me. It's backwards and forwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry_face.gif

well i am sorry. but typo. its the internet it doesnt matter.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
angry_face.gif

well i am sorry. but typo. its the internet it doesnt matter.

Just like it isn't completely necessary in the real world but it's needed to take people seriously.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #14 of 26
lol. It depends on which can you are listening to. If you're wearing an HD 800 backwards, the soundstage will be completely messed up and it will lose a lot of bass because the drivers are tilted towards you. But if you're listening it to an iem backwards, it will just flip the left side to the right and vice versa and will probably sound the same.

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #15 of 26
For me it's happened that I put on my XB500 the wrong way because they are designed that way you can't see the difference if it's the right way without looking at the indicators and I noticed it only because I was gaming and heard the sounds coming from the opposite direction to what it should. :p It really confuses your brain when your eyes and ears doesn't agree, I'd try it if you haven't. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back