We Got Ti Kan (AMB) an HD800!
Jan 27, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #271 of 513
We're done!! Ti wants to take the last slot. Good job, everyone!

140/140

Please see the following post and read it very carefully. Between tonight and tomorrow night I will be sending everyone on the list a PM with my PayPal information. Please make sure you get the contributions sent to me within the next 48-72 hours. I would like to place the order with TTVJ on Friday, at the latest Monday.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #272 of 513
[size=x-small][size=xx-small]This will be posted several times until all 140 spots are filled so that everyone sees it.[/size][/size]
[size=small]
IMPORTANT UPDATE (1/17/10) - Please read the following very carefully:[/size]
[size=x-small]

If you have signed up to make a contribution:

Please make sure that you can accept Private Messages. If you have your PM setting turned off, you must turn it on. When the list fills up I will send you a PM with my PayPal e-mail address that you will be sending your contribution to.

You must list your Head-Fi user name in the notes section of the PayPal transaction, as well as the slot position number in the list. If you do not do this I will not be able to tell who sent the contribution.

If you wish to send the money as a "Personal Transfer, Gift", and have the funds already in your PayPal account, you need only send an exact amount of $10.00.

If you live inside the United States and wish to send the money as a "Personal Transfer" but do not have the funds in your PayPal account, or you wish to send it as a "purchase/payment", you will need to send an amount of $10.61 so that I end up with the proper amount. (How this amount was computed: $10.61 - 2.9% fee - $0.30 fee = $10.00)

[/size]
[size=x-small]If you live outside of the United States and wish to send the money as a Personal Transfer but do not have the funds in your PayPal account, or you wish to send it as a "purchase/payment", you will need to send an amount of $10.72 so that I end up with the proper amount.[/size] [size=x-small](How this amount was computed: $10.72 - 3.9% fee - $0.30 fee = $10.00)[/size]

OR: If PayPal gives you the option to pay the fees yourself, you are certainly welcome to select that option.

Thank you.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #274 of 513
Here's my big thanks to you all for your warm and giving spirit. I would never have expected anyone, much less one hundred thirty-nine of you to buy me such a nice gift. When IpodPJ mentioned it in the other thread, I thought he was just joking, but the next day I log in to find that the effort was already well under way. I am amazed. Actually quite stunned by all your enthusiasm. My initial reaction was to quickly bring this to a halt, because I felt I should buy my own HD800 when I am ready. But I also understand that you all wanted to do this. Just like one shouldn't refuse a gift from a good friend, it wouldn't be right for me to turn down the community.

So, again, thanks, you've shown the best in what this community could do, first with the group-build β22, then the nice gifts to Alex Cavalli, now myself. There are other worthy people in these forums who deserve similar gratitude from all, I am sure their time in the spotlight will come soon.
wink.gif

I shall cherish the HD800 and continue to do what I do best -- share with you more DIY goodies and help everyone have as much fun as possible with this hobby. Not to mention enjoy great music!

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #276 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Money sent, can't wait to see a photo with Ti using these bad boys with one of his amazing designs.
wink.gif

x2

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #277 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Money sent, can't wait to see a photo with Ti using these bad boys with one of his amazing designs.
wink.gif

x3! Enjoy the headphones Ti!

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #278 of 513
Payment sent. Can't wait to see Ti enjoying these.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #281 of 513
I've received about ten payments so far. Thank you.

But please please please read the PM I sent out. Some of you are putting your Head-Fi name under the notes section but not your slot number in the list, some of you are putting your slot number and not your name, some are not putting either, and some are putting both as they should. In addition, some of you are sending more than you need to by selecting personal gift and sending extra for the fees.

Please follow the instructions I sent, as it will make this a much easier process for me.

Since I will not be able to send back 60 or 70 cents to everyone who sent extra, those funds will be donated to the Red Cross (and I'll send confirmation of that to Nate and Jude).

Thank you very much.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #282 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've received about ten payments so far. Thank you.

But please please please read the PM I sent out. Some of you are putting your Head-Fi name under the notes section but not your slot number in the list, some of you are putting your slot number and not your name, some are not putting either, and some are putting both as they should. In addition, some of you are sending more than you need to by selecting personal gift and sending extra for the fees.

Please follow the instructions I sent, as it will make this a much easier process for me.

Since I will not be able to send back 60 or 70 cents to everyone who sent extra, those funds will be donated to the Red Cross (and I'll send confirmation of that to Nate and Jude).

Thank you very much.

Paid ...

I dont have a "comment" option, but there is email option ... you have email from PayPal prolly with subject

"TI KAN'S HD800 CONTRIBUTION from KOMI !"

Thanx for starting this ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back