WDS-1 and WTP-1: The New D/A Converter and CD Transport from Woo Audio
Oct 18, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #17 of 53
Sweet pics, the transport is probably going to find it's way into my bedroom setup :)

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 53
Unfortunate indeed. Might look into one once there's a drop/used down the line...Small footprint CD players are a tough find lately.

Quote:
As the optical pickup block is Sony, and Sony  no longer makes SACD players, it is limited to Redbook - unfortunately.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #21 of 53
Thank you for the feedback so far. We used the WDS-1 and WTP-1 in the recent RMAF show for all 7 amplifiers on display. They were very well received.

I am taking this opportunity to answer the questions above.

USB is asynchronous. It natively supports 24 bit and 96k sampling without use of drivers. Optical, coaxial, and AES support 24 bit and 196k.

It plays Redbook CD. This small footprint CD Transport is a major challenge of this product. In particular, the top-loading tray mechanism is complex. We had many trials in order to get the good traction on opening and closing the cover. In combination of Sony pickup and our unique CD tray design, the player is vibration resistant.

The estimated price for the CD Transport include the remote control. As for the DAC, remote control is optional.

We are currently fixing some glitches on the casing and on the programming. Pre-order date could be around the corner and we are aiming the shipping date in December 2011. This could make one of the happiest Christmas or New Year gift.

Happy Listening,
Jack

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #26 of 53
will there be a pre-order discount?

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #29 of 53
Any more news as to when these will become available? I'm doing research into a dedicated DAC around $1000 to complement my WA6-SE and this looks like it could be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back