WAV Sounds The Best (To Me)
Apr 6, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #46 of 305

Heck, I need scientific evidence to support the claim that I really exist! "How do I know that all these tests aren't merely an illuuusion?"
tongue.gif

Since you doubt your existence, we shouldn't be overly concerned with your illusions. 
tongue.gif

Perhaps you can do an ABX test to determine if you exist or are a product of the postings of an AI web bot. 
popcorn.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #47 of 305

Heck, I need scientific evidence to support the claim that I really exist! "How do I know that all these tests aren't merely an illuuusion?"
tongue.gif

If its proven you don't exist. Dibbs on your HD700s. 
k701smile.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #48 of 305
  Since you doubt your existence, we shouldn't be overly concerned with your illusions. 
tongue.gif

Perhaps you can do an ABX test to determine if you exist or are a product of the postings of an AI web bot. 
popcorn.gif

floatsmile.png
I remember having some amazing conversations with AI web bots! Real funny stuff.

If its proven you don't exist. Dibbs on your HD700s. 
k701smile.gif

lol. I'm actually about to trade the HD 700. (Or perhaps headphones don't exist either!
eek.gif
)

Whenever I came across those people who think they don't exist, or nothing exists or whatever, I always wanted to be like, "Sooo...since you don't exist, can I have all your money?" haha. But I never met someone like that in person.

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #49 of 305

floatsmile.png
I remember having some amazing conversations with AI web bots! Real funny stuff.

Did the conversation have to do with the superiority of DSD by any chance?

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #52 of 305
If a WAV file falls down in a forest, but no one is there...does it make a sound?

So a WAV file and a priest walk into a bar...

Anyone got any more? It's funny how we all have such an absurd sense of humor in a "club" centered upon objectivity.

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #56 of 305
WAVE has been around longer than FLAC so your mind and even your subconscious tend to feel more comfortable with it. There is less suspect like what MP3 did to you before you really knew how to rip right and spent all that money on bad ITunes songs in lossy.

It's also more filling like brown bread because you instinctively know there is nothing missing............except that little voice that tells you the big fat multitrack master in a tin can may sound better?

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #57 of 305
It's more like a doughnut. It has a big hole in the middle full of air!

May 9, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #59 of 305
  Wav, APE, AIFF, FLAC, and ALAC are all lossless file codecs and many audiophiles say that there is no difference in sound quality between them.  I use all these file types, but feel that WAV sounds superior to the rest.  I listen with Audio Technica ATHM50 headphones and a Fiio X3 (firmware 3.34).  I notice better studio effects, such as reverb and echo with uncompressed WAV files.  Sample rate, bit depth, and bit rate don't make much difference to my ear, but WAV sounds the most natural and defined.

Truth be told the professional standard is and will remain to be 24 bit LPCM it still surpases FLAC, DSD and APE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back