Watts Up...?
Feb 24, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #736 of 4,673
just bought a Qutest and tried it in my secondary system
looks this amp (RWA Signature 15) doesn't like 3v line in as all is fine as soon as I set Qutest line out to 2v

plan was to replace the 2Qute in my main system with the Qutest and move the 2Qute to my secondary one
question: anything I can do ("easily": might consider some simple DIY) to lower 2Qute's line out voltage, please?

The Qutest has switchable line out voltages exactly so you can select the one that is appropriate for your amplifier. If the 2V line out from Qutest works fine then there is no problem to be solved unless I am missing something?

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #737 of 4,673
The Qutest has switchable line out voltages exactly so you can select the one that is appropriate for your amplifier. If the 2V line out from Qutest works fine then there is no problem to be solved unless I am missing something?

2Qute is working fine in my main system
plan is to replace it with the Qutest and move the 2Qute to my secondary system where the amp that doesn't like 3v is :wink:

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #738 of 4,673
2Qute is working fine in my main system
plan is to replace it with the Qutest and move the 2Qute to my secondary system where the amp that doesn't like 3v is :wink:

OK, probably being thick but you have officially lost me.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #742 of 4,673
The Harrison attenuators are rated with 600 ohm source so 2 Qute will be fine with them - the load is 2.5k ohms. I would run the longer cable from 2 Qute to the attenuator, and keep the attenuator as close as possible to the amp.

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #745 of 4,673
which sunny county are you in deftone? oh and why did you sell h2?

Sunny country... for 2 weeks a year? :smile: I’m in UK.

I sold Hugo 2 because I just don’t feel like I “need” it at the moment, I feel like I’m just appreciating what I have and I’m happy with Mojo, it seems to be more than enough for me.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #746 of 4,673
county lol....

i'm using mojo exclusive mode with roon so roon overides all mac os audio settings including sample rate bit depth etc. however the roon signal path indicates 44/16 bit whereas audio midi set up on mac indicates 44/24bit. is this discrepancy anything to worry about and does it even matter? i was expecting to see 44/16bit not 24 bit on the macs settings as roon is synchronising everything?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #747 of 4,673
On launching the Blu 2 we said that other M scaler units will come out! But lips are sealed about anything else...

Another point from another post - Qutest is a 4 layer PCB, exactly the same spec as Hugo 2.

I bet this new M scaler will have Ethernet and WiFi input. Although I have Blu2, I would love to buy M scalar with network input. I do not want all these spaghetti USB components I have with me now.

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #748 of 4,673
for rob i understand blu2 draws heavily on power 10A. taking this into consideration can blu2 be safely plugged into a good power strip alongside a computer, router etc?

if the power strip is always switched on at the socket due to having a router plugged in would blu2 if plugged into this same strip but switched off draw any small or minute amount of current?

is it better to have all devices plugged into one mains strip when considering blu2 or does this not matter due to the isolation on blu 2's bnc? so blu2/pc/hugo2 with one strip using one wall socket and an adjacent second wall socket with a router plugged in as one example. here due to the isolation on blu2's bnc there is no concern regarding ground loops / stray currents using two adjacent wall sockets?

many thanks mk

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #749 of 4,673
for rob i understand blu2 draws heavily on power 10A. taking this into consideration can blu2 be safely plugged into a good power strip alongside a computer, router etc?

if the power strip is always switched on at the socket due to having a router plugged in would blu2 if plugged into this same strip but switched off draw any small or minute amount of current?

is it better to have all devices plugged into one mains strip when considering blu2 or does this not matter due to the isolation on blu 2's bnc? so blu2/pc/hugo2 with one strip using one wall socket and an adjacent second wall socket with a router plugged in as one example. here due to the isolation on blu2's bnc there is no concern regarding ground loops / stray currents using two adjacent wall sockets?

many thanks mk

NOOOO, dont do it. It will blow all the fuses right the way back to the power station!!!!

On the other hand, you see the thing about this lecitricity is that it is funny stuff. Ten amps isn't always what it seems. Especially when the voltage is low as it is inside the Blu2. So in reality the 10A is only a few watts.

Edit - for the avoidance of doubt the above is an attempt at humour v

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #750 of 4,673

many thanks mk

Get yourself a good mains block for your hifi gear such as a Russ Andrews and use a surge protector or mains filter if you think it necessary. Many people run their kit on dedicated spurs to keep mains noise as low as possible. Avoid ethernet poweline addapters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back