Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Sep 22, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #796 of 1,215
Diva and Supermoon received from @stacey. Will need to look at the updated list on who’s next; if that person is gonna be at SoCal CanJam, with that happening next week that could be the perfect place to transition package to them that way instead of mailing out.
IMG_5874.jpeg
I am that person, I think, and I will be at CanJam, so that hand off sounds perfect!

Sep 22, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #797 of 1,215
Sep 22, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #798 of 1,215
Sep 22, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #799 of 1,215
Deleted

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #800 of 1,215
FatFreq sent off to @rantng after a little delay on my end thanks to how nice they sound. I ordered a Mini about a day after receiving the tour kit and wanted to hold on to the tour to A/B with the new set. Both seem identical.

The Maestro SE is a unique IEM. When paired with the correct source with lots of juice, they are absolutely incredible. Best sound I got was out of iPhone and iFi gold bar with has a massive (for a dongle) +/-450mW. Also sounded very good out of McIntosh MHA150 with 1W. Was tempted to hook them up to the 50W speaker taps but since they aren't my IEMs, I wisely opted not to. When sufficiently powered, they complete or beat most IEMs I have that are twice as expensive. If I were in the market for a new IEM, this would be more or less a no brainer.

The Minis were my favorite though. Not nearly as power needy and the sound signature is right up my alley. Combined with their small size making sleeping with the a-ok, they were an easy buy.

FYI, the blue upgrade cable cuts out at the quick connect but it might be something as simple as detaching and re-attaching. It never bothered me as it just needed a little nudge to resolve.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #801 of 1,215
Watercooler family… this is a hard one to share. Last night as I was packing for CanJam, an IEM disaster happened, where our new puppy decided that the DIVA and Supermoon under my responsibility were Chicklets for him to sample. I’ve already communicated with @Rockwell75 to work with the manufacturers, but I wanted to share this info with @emdeevee who was next in line for a listen. Also, I’m SO SORRY for the obvious disruption this causes for everyone else in line for a listen. I’ve already filed an insurance claim, etc. but I feel like I’ve let you all down and I’m truly sorry for that. We have a great think going here… then this. Hopefully Jeff and I can work with the manufacturers so these great units aren’t out of circulation for the rest of you for too long.

Talk about causing a pall just before CanJam, essentially damn near a holiday for many of us. Hopefully you all can forgive me.

Attachments

• IMG_6227.jpeg
    IMG_6227.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6228.jpeg
    IMG_6228.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #802 of 1,215
Watercooler family… this is a hard one to share. Last night as I was packing for CanJam, an IEM disaster happened, where our new puppy decided that the DIVA and Supermoon under my responsibility were Chicklets for him to sample. I’ve already communicated with @Rockwell75 to work with the manufacturers, but I wanted to share this info with @emdeevee who was next in line for a listen. Also, I’m SO SORRY for the obvious disruption this causes for everyone else in line for a listen. I’ve already filed an insurance claim, etc. but I feel like I’ve let you all down and I’m truly sorry for that. We have a great think going here… then this. Hopefully Jeff and I can work with the manufacturers so these great units aren’t out of circulation for the rest of you for too long.

Talk about causing a pall just before CanJam, essentially damn near a holiday for many of us. Hopefully you all can forgive me.
Puppy pics always makes things better. Even better if the puppy is just so cute that we can't be angry.

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #803 of 1,215

And here I was concerned about a government shutdown. True danger was a puppy.

I can only speak for myself, who’s one of the affected down the line…shake it off. Sounds like you’re stepping up and taking full responsibility. You don’t need to give yourself an ulcer on top of it. I’ve had 2 cats for over 10 years. They’ve never touched a cable before but it would never surprise me to come home and find one chewed in two..

And @rantng is right…pics of the puppy or you’re banned.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #804 of 1,215

Bro, so sorry this happened, but in fact, crap does happen and frankly this is a lot better than them just getting lost in shipping! At least the puppy had some fun with them even if I can't! And thankfully, they weren't swallowed!

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #805 of 1,215
FatFreq kit received from @Tybot Everything looks good, will check out the IEMs hopefully tonight. The blue cable is quite chunky, I may not make use of it. I'm also thinking I may have some fit issues with the Maestro SE as the shell looks somewhat large for my small(ish) ears.

Could someone point me to the tour list?

Oct 19, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #809 of 1,215
I will be shipping the Annihilator out to @emdeevee tomorrow. We got him a new Diva unit in SoCal but I asked him to hold on to it until I could get Annihilator to him so we could tour the two together. I will start the tour list fresh from Mark given that I'm sure everyone who already had the Diva would love to hear Ani too.

In other great news I will soon have an Oriolius Monachaa for tour, though this one will start in Canada. Frontier kit (Rn6, Xe6, Kr5 and Ne4) will head south once it is done in Canada.

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #810 of 1,215
I will be shipping the Annihilator out to @emdeevee tomorrow. We got him a new Diva unit in SoCal but I asked him to hold on to it until I could get Annihilator to him so we could tour the two together. I will start the tour list fresh from Mark given that I'm sure everyone who already had the Diva would love to hear Ani too.

In other great news I will soon have an Oriolius Monachaa for tour, though this one will start in Canada. Frontier kit (Rn6, Xe6, Kr5 and Ne4) will head south once it is done in Canada.
Thanks, Jeff.

This means @wolfstar76, I will reach out soon for your address. This will now be Elysian Diva and Annihilator 2023 tour! Poor Supermoon, but lucky us!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Zmue
Back