Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #526 of 1,180
Here is the tour list for the Penon impact:

1) Rockwell75 (BC)
2) @Sifo
3) @riverground (ON)
4) @dleblanc343 (QC)
5) @Poulpup
6) @Blotto80 (NS)
7) @Stu Paddasso
8) @Gasdoc (AB)
9) @hlee227 (BC)
10) @pablodtorres (BC)
11) @endless402 (BC)
12) @hssong85
13) @tgx78

Unit should be heading to @dleblanc343 very soon.

Please advise if I've left you off the list or if you're on it and want off. Cheers.

Stay tuned for FatFreq and Custom Art tours in the coming week. Will start one in the US and the other in Canada.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #528 of 1,180
Here is the tour list for the Penon impact:

1) Rockwell75 (BC)
2) @Sifo
3) @riverground (ON)
4) @dleblanc343 (QC)
5) @Poulpup
6) @Blotto80 (NS)
7) @Stu Paddasso
8) @Gasdoc (AB)
9) @hlee227 (BC)
10) @pablodtorres (BC)
11) @endless402 (BC)
12) @hssong85
13) @tgx78

Unit should be heading to @dleblanc343 very soon.

Please advise if I've left you off the list or if you're on it and want off. Cheers.

Stay tuned for FatFreq and Custom Art tours in the coming week. Will start one in the US and the other in Canada.
Looking forward to trying these, great praise for its value and a tuning based on one of the best iem’s.

Thank you

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #529 of 1,180
Edit : post redirected to Watercooler thread

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #530 of 1,180
Hi guys,

I hope you’re all doing great! :)

Today was the headphone show in Shanghai since 3 years I believe (you know… Covid magic…) and I got the opportunity to demo most of the big guns I wanted to try for a while.
I know many of you went to canjam recently so that’ll mostly be familiar IEMs, but I believe I managed to demo few rarities that were not in New York.
So let’s get started.
I won’t go into details, i didn’t take notes, I was there for a short time and demoed a lot of stuff in a noisy environment without being able to A/B much, so not really optimal obviously. So that’s just rough feelings that must be taken with a huge grain of salt!!

All sets demoed through L&P LP6 Gold with their stock cables.

Favorites of the show :

Oriolus Traillii Ti :
The king is back big time! It wasn’t actually for demo, but an owner was kind enough to let me try it so I could compare with my OG Trailliis. I can definitely tell you the difference isn’t only a cosmetic one! They sound absolutely epic! Basically, you take everything that was great on the OG, you make it better and you remove most of the drawbacks (except the price obviousl…:japanese_goblin:).
Deeper and more organic bass, clearer and cleaner (less veiled) mids (still warm and organic), better treble extension and details, significantly bigger and more precise soundstage. I’m truly impressed! I wasn’t expecting that actually… Add to that the most comfortable shell I’ve tried (the shape on the back is different than the OG and really follows the shape of the ear a bit like a custom) and the new cable with nicer hardware and this is an absolute killer set (for an eye watering price :cry:). I think that was my favorite of them all to be honest.

Rosenkranz Silver KA (16k Gold) :

The most expensive set that I tried by a wide margin (about $9000 monitors only) and most likely the most expensive single DD on the market. Here they are plugged onto the flagship Rosenkranz cable (about $4000). They sound quite epic as it should considering the price!!! I think they have the most impressive bass I’ve heard! It reaches super deep with incredible vicerality. It really feels like a subwoofer. Soundstage is really vast and details are quite impressive. The tuning feels somewhat reminiscent of something like XE6 and Radon 6, with a more analog vibe. I feel like it’s the best single DD I’ve tried and one of the best overall I’ve heard. Super fun and emotional sound! I love it 😍

Noble Ragnar :
Another highlight of the show. Fantastic details and soundstage. The bass is actually much more present in quantity than I thought it would reading the different impressions on the forum, and I was expecting something much brighter and aggressive, which imho it is not. I found them really balanced. If anything it feels like a better version of the KK. Also , they are much smaller than I thought they would looking at the pictures. Epic set as well.

Noble Ronin :
Superb as well. I can’t really decide which one I preferred between this one and Ragnar. Both are at the top of the game. But if I had to pick one for myself it would most likely be Ragnar with its metal built, beautiful design, much smaller (ronin are huge) and also, Ronin is not too dissimilar to Traillii which I already own. Als, in that vein of tuning I found Ronin more to my liking overall than Mentor Multiverse which high mids felt a little too aggressive.

Other sets I liked :

UM Mentor Multiverse

Noble Sultan Prestige

Fir Radon 6 (I liked it a bit more than XE6 and the cable is much nicer)

Fir XE6

Xanadu Kopensh Pharaoh

Dita Perpétua C (kinda romantic easy listening tuning missing bass. Very beautiful design and built)

Camelot

Solaris 2023 (pretty nice overall but as indicated in a review I found also it has a slight metallic timber on voices of some artists like The Weeknd, but nothing serious)

Not really sure what these are but it’s written on it I guess :) Interesting design and nice sounding copper single DD.

Alright! That’s it for today! :)

Cheers guys,

Julien.

Great post but I think you got the wrong thread-- this is the Watercooler tour thread. Posts here are limited to commucation around various IEM tour. I encourage you to post this in the Watercooler Thread (which I am guessing is what you meant to do in the first place).

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #531 of 1,180
Great post but I think you got the wrong thread-- this is the Watercooler tour thread. Posts here are limited to commucation around various IEM tour. I encourage you to post this in the Watercooler Thread (which I am guessing is what you meant to do in the first place).
Oh yes! My bad! I didn’t pay attention! I’m not sure if I can delete the post?

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #532 of 1,180
Oh yes! My bad! I didn’t pay attention! I’m not sure if I can delete the post?

No you can't-- but if you want you can edit it, delete the content just say "posted to Watercooler thread".

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #534 of 1,180
FatFreq Canadian tour will begin this week when I mail the kit out to @SBranson. Custom Art tour will start in the US when I mail the kit out to @jwilliamhurst ...I am guessing the following week as I've had that kit for less time and would like to spend another week with it.

Stay tuned for tour lists which will be published once I get the IEMs out.

Also-- interest check. The Lime Ears kit has finished its Canadian tour and I'm wondering if there is sufficient interest for me to send it down to the US. The kit includes Anima, Pneuma and Aether. The Anima in particular is a special IEM...will be worth hearing for those interested in great mids. If I can get at least 5 people interested I will send it down.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #535 of 1,180
FatFreq Canadian tour will begin this week when I mail the kit out to @SBranson. Custom Art tour will start in the US when I mail the kit out to @jwilliamhurst ...I am guessing the following week as I've had that kit for less time and would like to spend another week with it.

Also-- interest check. The Lime Ears kit has finished its Canadian tour and I'm wondering if there is sufficient interest for me to send it down to the US. The kit includes Anima, Pneuma and Aether. The Anima in particular is a special IEM...will be worth hearing for those interested in great mids. If I can get at least 5 people interested I will send it down.
I’m interested in hearing the anima

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #536 of 1,180
Count me interested in the Lime Ears tour as well.

~edit - I previously owned the Model X & Aether R (somewhat regret selling them) and I think it's a shame more people haven't heard Emil's IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #537 of 1,180
I was originally not interested in Lime, but if the Mids is where they shine, I will definitely be interested in joining the tour.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #538 of 1,180
Interested in anything and everything. Demoing is always cool.

Mar 12, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #539 of 1,180

Yes, for sure interested.

Mar 12, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #540 of 1,180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back