Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #451 of 1,217
CA package received from @hssong85 today...got home late so looking forward to trying them out tomorrow

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #452 of 1,217
Now that I have a little bit of a chance to hear all of these wonderful FiR Frontier IEMs, I have to say I unfortunately, like them :)
I am probably the odd man out, I really like the Ne4 the best. I can listen to this one for hours and just float away to heaven.
I have found that it works so well with the Sony 1ZM2 that I have just look back at the clock and realized how late it is.

Ne4 seems to take the better qualities of the Kr5 (more neural tonal balance and keep the bass). I found the Xe6 an attractive
midrange for the female vocals, but overall, the Xe6 is a bit too warm and shall I say a bit bloated bass not working for my library.
If I could afford to buy two of these IEMs, I think I would choose the Ne4 first and then buy the Xe6 next. I am of course giving
up the detail and air of the Kr5. I do find the Kr5 at times a bit fatiguing and seems close enough to the Blanc that I don't really
need the Kr5. The Kr5 has a bit better texture to the bass which is really apparent with bass drums or wooden instruments compared
to the Blanc.

I think the stock cables that come with the FiR Frontier are rather okay and hold back the true potential of these iems. Switching
to Wagnus and event the cable for the Fourte Blanc, all of these IEMs really opened up.
PM me for like-new Neon4 🤭. Just bought Kr5 from Musicteck 🫠

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #453 of 1,217
Jan 31, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #455 of 1,217
I will be shipping the FiR Frontier Tour Kit to @Ike1985 this weekend.

Jan 31, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #456 of 1,217
Will be shipping the Lime Ears kit tomorrow to @Blotto80 .

As always a pleasure to have the opportunity to try these great products.

Would also like to join the impact tour but will skip my turn if I do get to hear at Canjam :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #457 of 1,217
Will be shipping the Lime Ears kit tomorrow to @Blotto80 .

As always a pleasure to have the opportunity to try these great products.

Would also like to join the impact tour but will skip my turn if I do get to hear at Canjam :)

I will be mailing the impact to @SBranson tomorrow who will pass it on to @DanielListening who will get it back to me in time for NYC following which it will finish the rest of the Canadian tour.

Feb 1, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #458 of 1,217
In other news I just received confirmation that we will be receiving some Custom Art tour units (Fibae 7U and Fibae 5) soon...exciting!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #459 of 1,217
Can’t wait till my turn to get another taste of this one!

Mentor :goat::goat::goat:

20230123_114757.jpg

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #460 of 1,217
More great news everyone...Ben from FatFreq just let me know they'll soon be sending me a MaestroSE and Maestro Mini for tour. Exciting!

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #463 of 1,217
Nice! I'm definitely in for this one if there are plans to run it through the US after it makes the rounds in Canada.

Count me in too!

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #464 of 1,217
That’s great news! I would like to be part of US leg of Custom art Fibae, Fatfreq Maestro and UM Mentor tour as well. Thanks so much! :):)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #465 of 1,217
That’s great news! I would like to be part of US leg of Custom art Fibae, Fatfreq Maestro and UM Mentor tour as well. Thanks so much! :):)
I'd like to participate as well (if you send them down south) 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back