Water water water....ugh
Jul 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #32 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add a wedge of lemon to some ice cold water. It's what I drink almost exclusively during the summer.

Actually, my urologist recommended lemon in water as the most ideal drink to avoid kidney stones...benefits of water alone with no sugar or other chemicals...

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #35 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try beer

Sure thing.

Oh wait, you have to be 21 to drink it in the US.
frown.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #36 of 85
Become an aqua-phile, like being an audiophile but with water. There are a whole bunch of different water brands you can try. EDIT: You can dilute the water with 100% fruit juice.

Personally, the best water I ever had was Yosemite tap water.

EDIT: If you REALLY hate water, then just drink 100% fruit juice that is high in antioxidants, like pomegranate juice (Whole Foods sells "SmartJuice" Pomegranate Tart Cherry Juice the tastes great).

It's very important you look at the INGREDIENT label to ensure it is 100% juice, and that it really is pomegranate or whatever. I don't think drinking juice will make you fat, because it will fill you up so you'll eat less.

If you want something that has ZERO calories and is all natural, Whole Foods sells "Zevia Natural Soda" that is an all natural diet soda. The Rootbeer and Cola flavor taste like any other diet soft drink, and the orange flavor has a creamsicle taste.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #39 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll obviously pee a lot the more the more beer that you drink, but alcohol dehydrates you more over time...

Mtn dew flushes me out good. One of the lesser reasons I stopped drinking it.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #40 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure thing.

Oh wait, you have to be 21 to drink it in the US.
frown.gif

Meeeeh. In the Netherlands being 16 will do. How old are you?
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #41 of 85
I'd rather not drink water either. I found Brita filtered water to make it easier to drink though. Diet soft drinks are essentially flavored water.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #43 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, my urologist recommended lemon in water as the most ideal drink to avoid kidney stones...benefits of water alone with no sugar or other chemicals...

Besides lemon or lime in water you could try cutting regular 100% fruit juices. I find that if I blend 1/3 of a given juice by volume w/ 2/3 by volume w/ water the taste is good and yet I have cut the calories significantly.

The best way is to use a large pitcher to blend and keep it refrigerated. Best of luck.

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #45 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirebottleRon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget mineral water and forget anything with gas (bubbles), just get good clean water like Deer Park or Evian or Fuji. Tastes rather nice compared to tap water. Mineral water and carbonated water will probably taste even worse than tap water, they both have a strong taste. I used to drink lots of Evian but Deer Park is cheaper and you can buy it by the Gallon.

Actually, it's Fiji water, not Fuji. If I'm buying bottled water, I buy Fiji. Amazingly good stuff. Otherwise, I just drink filtered tap water. Our local tap water is pretty good, aside from the chlorine taste. A charcoal filter takes care of that easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back