Water getting into headphones
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ACR69

New Head-Fier
I have the UE6000's and wondering If they can be damaged If it's snowing outside due to the fact that the headband connects to the earcups (or whatever there called) very openly, and thinking that snow could melt and get inside the headphones. Just a thought that I would like some answers to.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Rain would probably be more problematic.

Shouldn't pose too much problems tbh, but you can always get into the habit of blowing the snow off before it melts.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 5
It's perfectly acceptable to care obsessively for the little good that we have!

Personally I wear a cheaper and more disposable (than "my first good pair") headphone whenever I am to expose them to the sun, wind (dust, pollen), snow/water, cold... and blood (when I'm fighting wild animals in the forest).

I use my very best only inside and away from direct sunlight... replace them inside their dust-proof case between use, etc.

But I have ranks and a different headphone for every purpose really, so music is accessible at all time.

I'm only telling you what I do, sorry if that's not helpful and you really want to wear your UE6000 outside, lol.

I would guess it would okay, as long as you make sure water doesn't get inside the cups inside the drivers. Maybe you could wear a hood when it's snowing directly on your head to be safe.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
It's perfectly acceptable to care obsessively for the little good that we have!

Personally I wear a cheaper and more disposable (than "my first good pair") headphone whenever I am to expose them to the sun, wind (dust, pollen), snow/water, cold... and blood (when I'm fighting wild animals in the forest).

That's a good suggestion. Why not buy some cheap iems ($30 or so) to wear outside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back