Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #6,766 of 14,301
I love eco drives, so much so that the only two left in that line up are the two eco drives. Traded the Omega for a vintage cartier and 18k gold bracelet and the Rolex for my Cartier SS and 18k Santos.

The one to the left of the stiletto is the 2100. the movements are hand assembled in Citizens factory in the Japanese alps where they make their higher end watches. It combines quartz eco drive with mechanical actuation of the chronograph, it is a really complex watch and has performed faultlessly since I purchased in in 2009.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #6,767 of 14,301

Quote:
I love eco drives, so much so that the only two left in that line up are the two eco drives. Traded the Omega for a vintage cartier and 18k gold bracelet and the Rolex for my Cartier SS and 18k Santos.
The one to the left of the stiletto is the 2100. the movements are hand assembled in Citizens factory in the Japanese alps where they make their higher end watches. It combines quartz eco drive with mechanical actuation of the chronograph, it is a really complex watch and has performed faultlessly since I purchased in in 2009.

Just saw the price of the Stiletto ($500). I'm one of those guys that rather buys a couple $100 watches. Like a nice Parnis, Seiko, Alpha and maybe a Timex or a Casio. Like with headphones really, I'd rather have a bunch of mid-fi flavours (check my sig) than one flagship. I know $500 isn't that much for a decent watch, especially when you consider the $25K watch-market, but still, you know... :) 

EDIT: I do realize at some point I'll probably sell off everything and buy one flagship. I'm just not there yet. :D

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #6,768 of 14,301

Quote:
Just saw the price of the Stiletto ($500). I'm one of those guys that rather buys a couple $100 watches. Like a nice Parnis, Seiko, Alpha and maybe a Timex or a Casio. Like with headphones really, I'd rather have a bunch of mid-fi flavours (check my sig) than one flagship. I know $500 isn't that much for a decent watch, especially when you consider the $25K watch-market, but still, you know... :) 

EDIT: I do realize at some point I'll probably sell off everything and buy one flagship. I'm just not there yet. :D

they're much cheaper in the states $250 new in box although it isn't my style

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #6,769 of 14,301
I was just going to say the same thing, I payed $260 for mine in Canada from a B&M.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #6,771 of 14,301
6d3a9157-8fe9-8cd2.jpg

My watches for now

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #6,775 of 14,301
I work in a data centre and frequently have to go into the tech halls where I can't take my phone, so I really need a watch but want something dead minimalist. The Fuelband is pretty nice, but given it only comes in small/medium/large, requires recharging regularly and it seems majorly overkill when I just want something to tell the time...

Quote:
What do you think about new Nike Fuelband $150? I don't care about steps or whatever measurements but I like the Zen simplicity of the band as a watch.

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #6,776 of 14,301

Quote:

I just bought this Timex watch, and just noticed that the minute dial of the chronograph has the numbering screwed up! The number sequence goes 1,3,6,8,9 instead of 1,3,5,7,9 as shown in the photo. According to this watch forum, Timex has recalled this watch. There is absolutely no mention of this model on the Timex website, not even an owners manual. Amazon no longer shows it in stock.

So, is this a collectors item, or just a screwed up watch?
confused.gif

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/inverted-jenny-timex-602527.html  (I love the inverted Jenny reference
smile.gif
)

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #6,777 of 14,301
They might have changed the numbering to make it "more accurate" 
confused.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #6,778 of 14,301

Quote:
I just bought this Timex watch, and just noticed that the minute dial of the chronograph has the numbering screwed up! The number sequence goes 1,3,6,8,9 instead of 1,3,5,7,9 as shown in the photo. According to this watch forum, Timex has recalled this watch. There is absolutely no mention of this model on the Timex website, not even an owners manual. Amazon no longer shows it in stock.

So, is this a collectors item, or just a screwed up watch?
confused.gif

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/inverted-jenny-timex-602527.html  (I love the inverted Jenny reference
smile.gif
)

That's pretty hilarious. I say keep it. :D But if you don't like this novelty factor you can probably email Timex and organise an exchange. I saw they released a new batch with correct numbers. 

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #6,780 of 14,301

Quote:

That's pretty hilarious. I say keep it. :D But if you don't like this novelty factor you can probably email Timex and organise an exchange. I saw they released a new batch with correct numbers. 

There is a certain delicious irony in having "Intelligent Quartz" along side the incorrect numbering
smile.gif
. I'll probably wind up keeping it, but I'll definitely be contacting Timex, if for no other reason than the giggle factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back